Visiting Las Vegas early May, where can I go have some fun detecting?

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I've done a lot of poking around the internet looking for some places to go or locations to do some metal detecting. I'm thinking I will probably just do regular detecting and maybe some gold detecting... unless there's an old site I can visit. I am a complete amateur when it comes to finding places, much less out west like this.

Anyone have input on what I could/should do, where I can go? I know there are some laws/rules but am looking to do things that don't break those.

Thanks,
JMB:blackbeard:

Drizzledrone

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
May 4, 2013
Las Vegas and Seattle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is pretty restrictive in Nevada. Read about one person's frustrations with Nevada authorities: Metal Detecting In Nevada? Know The Law!

That said, I live in Vegas and have not heard of anyone actually being arrested. The McCullough Mountains, south of Vegas, might be interesting for you. There are a few legends of lost mines, including one legend of a lost diamond deposit down there. There is a Lost Wagon Train Treasure that is said to be NW of Vegas, up near Mt. Charleston, that you might research.

California is not far to drive and has far more liberal policies toward MD. "Lost Treasures of California - Map & Guide" indexes 313 treasure legends in California.
Have fun in Vegas!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread