Visiting NorthEast Georgia

jgreen8871

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2008
Hello, I'm planning a trip with the family for a couple of days at the end of the month. I'm hoping to do some type of Gold digging, panning, etc. I know nothing about at this time. I do have a metal detector. Any ideals of what to do. I enjoy getting out in outdoors, creeks, etc. I'm planning on staying somewhere in the Dahlonega, Cleveland Georgia area. I found a few website of public mines there.

Thanks,

Jim

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jgreen8871 said:
Hello, I'm planning a trip with the family for a couple of days at the end of the month. I'm hoping to do some type of Gold digging, panning, etc. I know nothing about at this time. I do have a metal detector. Any ideals of what to do. I enjoy getting out in outdoors, creeks, etc. I'm planning on staying somewhere in the Dahlonega, Cleveland Georgia area. I found a few website of public mines there.

Thanks,

Jim

If I were you I would first try the pay to pan mines. That way you get some good hands-on instruction. And it will be fun for the whole family. There are several in that area. You will get to know how to pan, how to work a sluice box, how to use a high banker, and even a trommel. You can buy buckets of pay dirt guaranteed to have color. or try your luck in the creeks. Once you know what you are doing then you can take Takoda's advice.

Be sure and let us know how your trip went.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread