Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat pics, Evy! Hopefully they had enough of the camera flashing that they won't come back.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats what I thought ! No sign since we were takin pics yea I told him oh how cute and the ok now they need to leave ! If they had still been there next night I would have set trap and got as many as I could took and dumped and rest til they were out where they belong. We have never had any in town here before!

rush

Aug 24, 2009
Verry cute we had some on our front porch but we live by the river kinda I saw a big one scared me half to death!! :hello2: :blob1:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
That's a chicken killin' gang if I ever saw one !

I know it's fun to watch 'em but don't make the mistake of cornering one !

rmptr

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were standing near the door, so if need be ..... but, I was worried about where she was and knew with the racket they were making she wasn't far away I was worried about her but, not them. I am glad she took them and left and I hope she went south, north of us more people and dogs!

Thanks for looking!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Those little critters are cute and fun to watch sometimes but they sure can do damage if allowed
free rain. And like you said they can be noisy in the middle of the night when all is quiet and
you are trying to sleep. They are a troublesome little critter that is real photogenic. LOL

Ray

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know but, its still strange that they were here ! Over the last 5 years we've seen 3 opussums 2 were dead with in less then 3 days and one had her babies then was gone with n a week with them but its been 2 years. And then this family I have lived in this house almost my whole life and never before.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Those are so cute! Maybe they are like the red fox and starting to adapt to town life?

ng

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah yes, they are cute but I am constantly at war with them here at my place, they love the garbage cans and some even resourceful enough to get by the bungee cords holding the lid down and still get to the garbage. Last week one of my my square containers for garbage was down my driveway and up against my truck lying on its side, lid still on it, but muddy raccoon tracks all over it. They moved it over 20 feet from where it was next to the house....

Don

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don I think they were trying to not wake you up so they moved it farther away!
We were at a campsite once and they came and took a cheapo ice chest out in a field to take the stuff didn't hear them that way (it was empty but, they took it anyway) !

NG you maybe right I don't know if maybe down at Conoco they did something major out in the field and rooted them from their home, or maybe somehow they ended up in a boxcar then got off here, or possible the tonado damaged their home so they showed up here?

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
omg lmbo on the cheapo cooler...now thats funny.... they are so cute, but careful, some do carry rabies ( usually those are the ones you see in the daylight thou) all in all they are cute but man them lil fingers sure can create havoc.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
We had steel trash cans, and I had to put a hasp and padlock on them. Then one night at about 3am, I heard a loud clanging out back, when I turned on the floodlight I saw the biggest coon I ever saw (about 35lbs.) rolling the can against the garage trying to pop the lid off :laughing7:.........NGE

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Funny pics!

Guess you don't need the feeder cam to see raccoons, huh?

Hey! You could start your own raccoon cam. :D

OP
OP
Mental Granny

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nooooooo ! I will watch my feeder cam link of yours! I don't want them min town they need to go where they are safe. But, I really do love watching them!

We were camping in MO several years ago and sign said (in state park) no feeding the animals, wellll what are ya supposed to do when yur sittin there at the table an a whole family come up to you begging??? Even the momma ?? Well my when they come and steal the food right out of your hand !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread