Waa Waaa Wa Wa Vaquero

Chibuya

Dec 8, 2006
Hollywood, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter, Tesoro Vaquero
Hi folks!

I recently bought a barely used Vaquero. I was having no problem ground balancing the first couple of times out but now I can't get the thing to cooperate. I've changed the battery so that's not the issue.

Turn on/Sensitivity to 0 or lowest possible setting
All Metal

When adjusting the threshold, I can't seem to get a steady signal. Waaa Wa Waa Wa WA WAAA Wa... that's pretty much how it sounds. When there is a semi steady threshold and I start to ground balance by moving the coil up off near the ground and back I get the same problem lots of WAAAAs.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or does the machine need to go in for repair?

I saw a video recently of someone ground balancing a Tesoro (not a Vaquero) but I can't seem to find that video.

Any help is appreciated!

Stacey

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you doing it with your cell phone turned on? Does it do this only at home outside? Do you or a neighbor have a security system or buried electric dog or security fence?
http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/davejohnson/Electrical Interference.htm

It might also be because a solder joint broke on the board in which case Tesoro should look at it. :read2:

Good luck,
Sandman

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Are you doing it with your cell phone turned on? Does it do this only at home outside? Do you or a neighbor have a security system or buried electric dog or security fence?
http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/davejohnson/Electrical Interference.htm

It might also be because a solder joint broke on the board in which case Tesoro should look at it. :read2:

Good luck,
Sandman

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread