Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was being shown where an old house was or is and found this hub half exposed not far from the remains of an old dug well. The man was trying to remember where the remains were of the old chimney was but the vegetation was over grown and very wet. The land was all up and down ridges with small flat areas, heavy underbrush and big timber with scattered yellow flowering bushes everywhere through out the woods from the old house place. Right next to where the old house place is supposed to be, is an old house trailer with a ton of trash and junk around it, fortunately almost 95 % of the trash is close to the trailer itself and the woods are just yards from the back. the dug well has been filled somewhat with trash so it will take a little while to find where the actual chimney is located. I believe the hub which has rivets holding it together to be that of a old wagon wheel, the large opening of the hub is 2 5/8 inches, the smaller opening is 2 1/8 inches across and about 8 inches in total length. View attachment 1025420
View attachment 1025421 ,

Upvote 2

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was being shown where an old house was or is and found this hub half exposed not far from the remains of an old dug well. The man was trying to remember where the remains were of the old chimney was but the vegetation was over grown and very wet. The land was all up and down ridges with small flat areas, heavy underbrush and big timber with scattered yellow flowering bushes everywhere through out the woods from the old house place. Right next to where the old house place is supposed to be, is an old house trailer with a ton of trash and junk around it, fortunately almost 95 % of the trash is close to the trailer itself and the woods are just yards from the back. the dug well has been filled somewhat with trash so it will take a little while to find where the actual chimney is located. I believe the hub which has rivets holding it together to be that of a old wagon wheel, the large opening of the hub is 2 5/8 inches, the smaller opening is 2 1/8 inches across and about 8 inches in total length. View attachment 1025420
View attachment 1025421 ,

Nice find, and you are correct :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread