CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each spring I purchase a new detector. This year, I surely want a new Tesoro. But, as no release date has been offered, I say this...
Last year I got my first Fisher, a F-70. I love it. So this year I've decided to buy a F-75 or a Minelab ETrac .
Not interested in a 30/30. Mainly because my ATPro is also waterproof and goes deeper? I don't detect beaches.
So, this said, which would you buy and why.
Thanks and Peace,
CincinnatiKid

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would get the E-Trac.

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the F75se... great machine with very deep capabilities.

Got a big number of hours on it in the woods and fields...0 problems with it.

I bought the Tesoro SandShark..used it 3 times...broke the coil..my fault for not using the scuff cover on th erocky shore in very cold tems...and that is fine by me..I accept responsibility for that.

So I sent it in to be fixed...I had to pay fro new coil..once again..ok by me.

But..... it has now been 1 month today since I sent it back..... still no detector.

Think that is getting ridiculous. !!!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aqua, I would give Tesoro a call. I have sent my Tiger shark in a couple of times and haven't waited more than a couple of weeks.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
problem with other metal detecting company beside white's electronics
is they don't fix old detectors
Garret if it's 10 years old they won't fix it
mine lab has a discontinued list an arm length long they won't fix
tesoro has a few as long with fisher
I sent in an old 6000 di professional gray box or faded blue from the early 80t's dam near 30 years old
and white's said as long as the power button and mode switch works send it in.
and i did
it came back a week later, like bran new.runs like champ and it was pretty hammered on
the bill was 55 labor 18 bucks in parts
thanks you white's for being the best company out their..

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guru! It's going to be so difficult to spend $1500 on an ETrac, when I hope Tesoro will release a fully digital/waterproof machine. If so, they will corner the "market" for at least 2 years.
Peace

OP
OP
C

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
liftloop, I understand you conundrum. But these days, technology is moving so fast that a 10yr old detector is so out dated, no relevant detector company has the resources to continually fix old machines. They need to adapt and overcome current companies to stay competitive. Sure, it's a shame, but "Time n Tide" stop for no one. Even Minelab, Garrett, Whites, Tesoro, Fisher etc.
I did view a site last year that proclaims to fix any older detector. I will relocate site and provide you w address.
Peace

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would put any old analogue detector up against a new digital
any thing you turn not push is an analogue
all detectors are computerizes even the old analogue have composite board in them

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tesoro is to cheap of a company to make a fully computerized detector it would mean out of house work and that would take away on the free repairs
whats in a tesoro a one inch by one inch computer board and a few potentiometers..not to high teck..it's the "free" that suckers every one too them....

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking at your list of detectors and seeing the variety.... I'd suggest you give the Etrac a try. The F75 is similiar to your F70, so it will be easy to transition to it but they may feel too similar to feel like a new detector. No doubt the Etrac will be different... and give you great performance as well. :)

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thinck they have one all ready it's the duex

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions