Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
9-8-12FranticCity.jpg

Man oh Man !!! Who doesn't love to watch the sunrise over the ocean ??

What an incredible morning :icon_thumright: Nice cool breeze, salty air, slammin waves and a target rich environment...It doesn't get much better.
Made it down to FC for the 6:30 sunrise, to see if I could catch most of the low tide, atleast what little low we are experiencing right now...
Just me, 3 surf fisherman and a couple Yoga practicioners :laughing7:

Turn on the machine and beep, beep beep...Start finding coins right away..Third hole I dig is a ring..Looked good, but I have to believe it's probably a junker ...
Like yesterday at Affluence, as soon as I found the coin line, it was pretty much dig, dig, dig for the next 3.5-4 hours...
I will take back what I said about the hurricane doing nothing...It has shaken everything up a bit...It flattened the beach out, which isn't good, but it has churned up some stuff for sure...

About an hour and a half in and I get a faint beep, which turns out to be a real nice looking ring...Quietly put in my pocket and keep swinging...
45 mins later and some nasty clouds pass over and dump some rain on me, so I headed to a LG stand to wait it out..While sitting there, I pull out all my stuff to check, but mostly the second ring...Looks great, back of stones is open, but no markings..Mehhhh :unhappysmiley:
Gotz to be another junker :laughing7:

Also pulled a huge gold rope earring that had my heart beating for a second...
Mehhh..more FC junker jewelry....Looks like that's what they wear anymore, in the rich, middle and poor neighborhoods of this island...

Met a real nice guy swinging a cheapy detector..Chatted for a little and tried to point him to the right place, so he could leave with something...
On the way back, I ran into three pro style beach invaders (back mounted Excals, WOT, third in the dry), not so friendly,that I was going to share some knowledge with, but they didn't want to be bothered with me..The one was trying an area I had gridded an hour and half earlier and they were in the ML dead zone :icon_scratch:...so be it...Next time try and be more friendly to the locals if you are reading this :icon_thumright:

Anyways it was an awesome hunt and I dug a huge amount of keepers from the middle to low tide ..

The ocean is still kicking , so there is no way I'm going in until this subsides...
Looks like I'll give it another shot tomorrow somewhere as this storm may just shake up some goodies...

Totals for the day:

$8.30 in Clad

2- Junker rings- one with fake bling

1- Hot Wheels Off Roader

1- 1983 Dominican Republic 5 Centavos Coin

A few more junker earrings

Very very little trash ,...I like the trend :headbang:
9-8-122.jpg
9-8-123.jpg

9-8-124.jpg

Upvote 0

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Much coins there so much good target, but when you found much coins, you lost good target. Can you repet hunt in the one place and when you see the iron elimin it. Happy hunting next hunt.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You had a great day loaded with fun. I get a kick out of these "pro detectorist" as they think by being tight lipped they won't give away any secrets. These are the guys that our hobby doesn't need. Whats so wrong about being friendly?:icon_scratch:

fenixdigger

Feb 8, 2010
Detector(s) used
Aurora Aqua, Excalibur, Garrett CX2, Gemini-3, MFD's, Sovereign, Viper, E Trac, Dees Nutz rod, Tesoro Sand Shark. Pro pulse.
Great finds!!! When you ask someone for permission to hunt and they run you off, likely some pricks like those on the beach have already been there.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's great to get out in the morning. Especially when digging good targets.

HH

Pete

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
I like that Dominican Republic coin. Overall you had a good morning and a laugh at the "pros".

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice handfull !

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
I missed this post last week. I see that you are using some of Brian's techniques. Good Stuff!!!

Can't be gold every trip, still, big A for effort!!!!!

OP
OP
Bigpoppa

Bigpoppa

Feb 11, 2012
Dirty Jerzee
Detector(s) used
ML Excal II
ML Sov GT
Compass 77B
Primary Interest:
Yes you are correct about Brian techniques...I have studied and read all of his books and publications...My favorite technique is the one, where you turn the machine on and you swing your arm from left to right and then back again....That one technique has proved to be the most fruitful :)

He is a metal detecting God, but you already know that...

I missed this post last week. I see that you are using some of Brian's techniques. Good Stuff!!!

Can't be gold every trip, still, big A for effort!!!!!

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Yes you are correct about Brian techniques...I have studied and read all of his books and publications...My favorite technique is the one, where you turn the machine on and you swing your arm from left to right and then back again....That one technique has proved to be the most fruitful :)

He is a metal detecting God, but you already know that...

More guru than God. Whether you like the guy or not you've got to give him his due. You picked up your best find on a beach you only knew about from lurking his page using techniques discussed on that page and in his videos. That takes nothing away from you. There is nothing wrong with using the net to research what is working locally. Only to say, give the guy some credit for being a positive resource within the hobby.

Past that, you are putting in a lot of time on the beach and deserve credit for all that work. That time is paying off for you. You are finding your share of the booty. Or is that bounty? Either way, you're getting a payoff for all the time on the beach. That's a good thing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread