Walked into my bank while a customer was rolling up her halves. WITH PICS

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
I walked in my bank this afternoon about 4:10 pm to make a deposit and pick up 2 boxes of halves.
I noticed a couple with a large plastic bag of halves and big dollars busily rolling them at a counter. As I made my deposit I told the teller that when they turn them in I would like to buy them. My son was in the car and I had to get him to guitar practice at 4:30 pm. I could not wait for the customers to finish rolling them or we would be late for his lesson. I took my son to practice, dropped him off and returned to the bank and bought $305 worth of coins. (still warm from stuffing) ;D

I brought them home and my son Tanner and I searched $190 worth of halves and the rest dollar coins. We ended up with 37 Ikes and 7 40%.

It was kinda strange to see the customers who was actually rolling my customer rolled rolls. I asked the teller if they had some bills to pay and she said that their mom needs an operation.

Gordon and Tanner

Attachments

• IMG_1149.JPG
    IMG_1149.JPG
    143.1 KB · Views: 561
Upvote 0

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
Nice score, I have yet to get a good amount of customer rolls. I like the Ikes, I spend them as tips usually. I've never found a silver one.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
too bad about the reason they were there, but you scored big. congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread