ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Went back to my old beach today after yesterdays dismal hunt. Thought scrounging up silver was better than clad. This walker was down in the gravel and not the muck. Which is why it isn't black.

CORRECTION: 15 walkers from this beach, 16 for the season. One came out of a boy scout camp before the ice melted.

Of course another nitro today. I saw the ring and the three snakes on it with jewels and I thought YES!! Umm NO. All it has inside is a U with an arrow through it. I have found plenty of rings with that symbol. Some silver but mostly costume. I really like the Tootsitoy car. It will look good in my collection.

The walker, a SLQ, 1927, and a Washington were my only silver coin finds. I did get a large silver ring and three junkers. Six wheat's, oldest is 1924.

Overall a good hunt. The car was my favorite find.

Last edited:
Upvote 14

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More great finds! How much brass do you find each year? Are those swimming buckles brass? :occasion14:

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
More great finds! How much brass do you find each year? Are those swimming buckles brass? :occasion14:

I find over 5 gallons of brass every year. Yes all of them are brass except 1 I found was sterling silver.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on the finds. I am hoping your plan works on getting the silt to move. I can only imagine what could be down another foot.

DougF

Mar 19, 2007
Maryland, USA
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Great stuff - the "u" with the arrow is for Uncas, a silver jewelry maker from Providence, Rhode Island.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a good hunt - long as you gettin the silver - good reasons to keep going back
its when the silver and the wheats run out is when i start to worry
keep up the good work
your one of my idol hunters

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Still a good hunt - long as you gettin the silver - good reasons to keep going back
its when the silver and the wheats run out is when i start to worry
keep up the good work
your one of my idol hunters

Silver run out here? I haven't even hit a quarter of the spot yet. I have to get the muck out of there!! Slowly it is leaving. Hopefully the winter will finish a bit more off and I can do in some more weeds before they get 18" high.

Idol? Just an ordinary hunter here with a prime spot is all. I really can't wait till I find where the slides ended. Hopefully the targets will be awesome!

Thanks for the replies all!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow still killin it I found my second walking liberty half at the arb the other weekend comes out of the ground like it was just dropped its amazing on your posts how many religious pendants you have found I wish I was around when all those womens swim suit buckles were falling off LOL They must make em better now kinda like how people find all those old buttons on every hunt they fell off a lot back then too. Great job scuba..As always Thanks for sharing your finds. How many religious pendants do you think you've found??????STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow still killin it I found my second walking liberty half at the arb the other weekend comes out of the ground like it was just dropped its amazing on your posts how many religious pendants you have found I wish I was around when all those womens swim suit buckles were falling off LOL They must make em better now kinda like how people find all those old buttons on every hunt they fell off a lot back then too. Great job scuba..As always Thanks for sharing your finds. How many religious pendants do you think you've found??????STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hundreds. I used to sell them on fee-bay when I needed money. I could put 5 or 6 in a group and get up to 90.00 for them. I probably have over a hundred silver ones still laying around here. I am keeping this years finds separated though so I can have a final tally for this one beach alone.

This winter after I count everything up I will put all the silver ones together. I have drawer full of brass, copper and aluminum ones. No idea what I will ever do with them.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's amazing I think I have 53 total silver coins in my display cases some nice rings tons and tons of clad. and bling you do great but your at another level some day when my kids go to college I want to scuba detect. I bet that site I sent ya a while age would be a great place to go. Keep up the good work and the posts Tommy

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That's amazing I think I have 53 total silver coins in my display cases some nice rings tons and tons of clad. and bling you do great but your at another level some day when my kids go to college I want to scuba detect. I bet that site I sent ya a while age would be a great place to go. Keep up the good work and the posts Tommy

I was in Silver lake and Bishop lake in Brighton on Saturday. I thought of that place. One day I will mosey on over there! Either someone else is hunting Silver lake on scuba or nobody is swimming over their heads. I found a very small 14K gold earring on top and a few clad coins. I will be back. Going south next week to a few more of my old haunts.

Lots of great things are found when you go where others can't. I have found gold rings 35' deep in lakes. Back in the day people actually swam and didn't have to touch bottom. No TV, computer, or air conditioner. Just the outdoors and water. I am up to 269 silver coins for the year. I hope to break 300. Time will tell.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! Congrats and HH

Top Member Reactions