Walkin' in Wheat with some WW2 Silver..........

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working permissions at every opportunity in an attempt to beat the ground freeze. Worked the front of a double house the day before and after Thanksgiving getting very little.........

1123 1125 Keepers.jpg

Not much there...... a 1910 and 1926 wheat (and yes, I did ding the '26 with my Lesche :BangHead:). The ring is an Avon costume piece (#50).
Today I began the back of the property......only had an hour..........

1126 Hunt.jpg

But, it was much more productive than the front of the house!!

1126 Keepers Obverse.jpg 1126 Keepers Reverse.jpg

The '45P is the 6th War nickle this year, but the Walker is a 1st for me!! It's 1924 and had me talking to myself even more than usual......."NO WAY!! NO WAY!!". Gotta say, that one had me very excited when she popped out!!
Not shown (yep, still excited and forgot!) are '20 and '37 Wheats................
Not too sure about the tag.......except the error........the accepted abbreviation for Williamsport is "WMSPT".........some one was a bit embarrassed in 1972!!

Thanks for lookin' in and good luck to all you seekers of treasure!!

Upvote 14

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done my man. That SLQ is awesome. I have one, but only one... very hard thing for me to find.

Congrats!

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on scoring some keepers from that permission. :occasion14:man I just love seeing the standing liberties. :icon_thumright: I only dug one and like the norm it has no date. :BangHead:

Thanks, Loco-Digger! I gotta get back to that permission. Work and rain are slowing me down a bit, but I have a window at the end of the week to concentrate on it........
I was surprised to see a strong date on that SLQ.....and lots of definition in the details. I'm hoping that if one fell there, another is lingering about somewhere on that parcel!!

OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done my man. That SLQ is awesome. I have one, but only one... very hard thing for me to find.

Congrats!

Thanks, Tom! Oh boy......if you and Loco-Digger have only dug one SLQ each with all your experience..........you're definitely putting the pressure on me!! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread