"Walking" up to the truck...................

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
"Walking" up to the truck...................

Manny took the day off Tuesday to take me down to look at a potential group hunt site as I was off that day. We picked up Mark and headed off for some scouting. While we were out on a recon we decided to stop off for some detecting at another site. It was an old park and everyone dug silver. Manny found his first silver quarter, first half dollar (clad) and more goodies. Mark had a silver dime and a pocket full of wheats and clad. I scored three silver dimes, a silver quarter and lots of clad and wheats. When it was time to leave, I scanned all the way to the truck. Mere seconds from the truck, just behind a parking block, I got a loud signal at 3 inches. Knowing that I was digging clad up to 6 inches deep in this area, I was very unexcited about digging it. After flipping the sod back, I was in heaven, spying a large shiny silver staring up at me. I took my digger and with skill like a mountain man I thrust it into the ground and let out a war whoop, while thumping my chest. The boys came over as I whipped out the video camera and set the televised reveal in motion. "I'm made of metal, your circuits screamed, I am perpetual, you keep the country clean". These strange lyrics passed through my head as KK Downing was shreading a guitar. Sorry, I was off track for a second. My best year ever for silver halves. 1941-S walker, 1942-S quarter, 3 mercs and scads of clad and wheaties.

Attachments

• IM000970.JPG
    IM000970.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,089
  • IM000971.JPG
    IM000971.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,084
  • IM000972.JPG
    IM000972.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,086
Upvote 0

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "Walking" up to the truck...................

perfect day :notworthy:

prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They seem to always turn up when you least expect them, :icon_thumleft:
Pro-

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice score on the half :icon_thumright: MR TUFF

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Looks like you guys will have to go back to that old park. You all had a great day. Nice digs......Matt

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I like to have seen that on you tube, Steve :laughing7:. Wtg on a good dig on that walker. It's funny how people find some good finds on the way back to their vehicle after the end of a hunt ??? Hope the group hunt is fun and productive. I'm sitting in sunny California right now. Later, ron

S

seger98

Congratulations on the silvers.

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

My favorite phrase ""Walking" up to the truck..................."!
Congratulations!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread