Wall charger

tseekerMike

Apr 20, 2009
St.Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ21-8" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am still having trouble locating a wall charger with the exact specs of the minelab one that came with my Sov GT.: input : 110V AC, 60Hz output: 15V DC, 100 mA. I have checked Radio Shack, Best Buy, Batteries Plus, and more recently second hand stores where they bins full of this type of thing. Also an internet search has not been successful. I will probably end up calling Minelab or the dealer for another one but I was hoping to find one that was of a higher quality than the cheap Chinese one that burned out during the first usage. I am beginning to suspect that these, with these particular specs may be made for minelab only, so that one has to come to them for all minelab related items. But I could be wrong. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
tseekerMike

tseekerMike

Apr 20, 2009
St.Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher CZ21-8" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did, and they are sending me another one, free since it is in warranty. After it burns out too I'll ask them where I can get a better unit.

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did, and they are sending me another one, free since it is in warranty. After it burns out too I'll ask them where I can get a better unit.
The minelab wall chargers are cheap and nasty over the years I'm on my third one!! If there is an alternative I have not seen one .
Dont coil the wire around the unit ,it will break the wire right where it come out of the charger, they are basically rubbish ,, I have to get one Monday , hopefully under warranty ,, it's common for the wire to break , here in the UK they want £25 for them daylight robbery ,oh the joys of metal detecting

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I mentioned that in my post if that's what you were referring to...I would cut the connector off the bad charger and throw it on the $22 charger that I posted a link to. I know this post is old, but I thought it still might be useful.

sprinter

Feb 2, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good news fixed the minelab charger ! It's a bit of a palaver but it's do,able ,the main cause of the problem is the wires break as they go into the charger , carefully cut the plastic panel where the wires go in there's a void beneath and you can pull the wires out enough to get ,we call them chocolAte box connection on both wires then put some tape over the section you took out , make sure you connect the right wires one has a white stripe running down it,,
You do this at your own risk ,but mine is charging as we speak.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions