UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If people want their holistic remedies to be treated with respect, all they need to do is show us the science that proves their case. Such as testing data, etc.

My Aunt Barbara fell prey to these "natural medicine" con men when she came down with cancer. A doctor who ended up losing his medical license convinced her that juice and garlic were "medicine" that would cure her cancer. So she avoided getting treatment from REAL doctors until just recently, which made everything much worse than it already was, and shortened her life by many years. She is just barely hanging on after they operated to remove the cancer that had spread through her body while she was "treating" herself with juice and garlic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Or mass murder? Or invading other countries to take them over? THOSE are "Nazi tactics"....

Sounds pretty much like the current admin doesnt it.:laughing9:

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
If people want their holistic remedies to be treated with respect, all they need to do is show us the science that proves their case. Such as testing data, etc.

My Aunt Barbara fell prey to these "natural medicine" con men when she came down with cancer. A doctor who ended up losing his medical license convinced her that juice and garlic were "medicine" that would cure her cancer. So she avoided getting treatment from REAL doctors until just recently, which made everything much worse than it already was, and shortened her life by many years. She is just barely hanging on after they operated to remove the cancer that had spread through her body while she was "treating" herself with juice and garlic.
A bit of a drama queen huh... Garlic is good for you. It's a proven fact. Juice (vitamin C) is also good for you. Claiming them to be miracle drugs is wrong, I agree. Nobody is claiming that walnuts cure cancer so your argument dosn't fly...

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A bit of a drama queen huh... Garlic is good for you. It's a proven fact. Juice (vitamin C) is also good for you. Nobody is claiming that walnuts cure cancer so your argument dosn't fly...

You would do well not pretend that talking about my Aunt's very serious medical condition is being "dramatic". But you go on with your bad self, I'm sure you are very impressed with everything you post.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FDA couldn't find their butt with both hands, just like a lot of other government agencies we over pay for, seems were paying for the best and getting nowhere close. Remember the ricin incident with the Elvis impersonator seems like it took the FBI a good while to find out he was set up, I thought they was supposed to be better than that. It's a wonder he isn't still sitting in jail for that and how many probably are because we pay for the best and just get someone's buddy to be appointed to run those government operations without being the best qualified or even qualified at all.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
You would do well not pretend that talking about my Aunt's very serious medical condition is being "dramatic". But you go on with your bad self, I'm sure you are very impressed with everything you post.
Dude my comment was because you made an off the wall comparison to the walnut claims that they are healthy to some moonbat claims that garlic cures cancer. It's an unfair comparison that's all and you are the one who threw the first stone with your silly "blitzkreig" comment. I used the term "Nazi" loosely in reference to oppressive, over the top, government control.... "My bad self" yet you're the one who chose to attack my comments first and now you play the victim.. OK.. My prayers for your aunt and I meant no disrespect. I am honestly glad to hear that she is now getting the proper treatment. It's a horrible disease for sure. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program... Look at the bright side.. it appears that "old bookaroo" is your new cheerleader... It's nice to have a fan club.

Last edited:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little note here about walnuts. Long ago the Indians used to use the green husks from black walnuts to kill fish. You can mash up the husks and throw thim over small ponds or very slow moving streams to kill fish for survival. Also, the walnut shells will burn and there is a group of monks near me that use them to manufacture wood pellets for pellet stoves. They use black and English walnut shells. I don't use them as I have a grandson deathly allergic to nuts of all kinds and I don't know if any smoke in the air would affect him. The poison in black walnut husks is called jugalone or jugalone toxin
UM, it IS sad about your aunt. Many people want to believe anything that they are told will cure them when it comes to things like cancer. I truly hope she can recover after waiting so long for proper treatment.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Sure, ignore the science. You are the same lib who whined that the drug companies made too much money, aren't you?

Science has proven that many holistic treatments are as good or better than the medications ... they just don't create as many side effects ("may cause kidney failure, blood clots in the legs, heart attack, lymphomas" - Humera).

Sorry for your loss, but there are charlatans all over the place. Just look at the white house.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Chad:

Of course, you're the guy who wanted to ban a book you hadn't read.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A bit of a drama queen huh... Garlic is good for you. It's a proven fact. Juice (vitamin C) is also good for you. Claiming them to be miracle drugs is wrong, I agree. Nobody is claiming that walnuts cure cancer so your argument dosn't fly...

UM comes in with a deeply personal story about the dangers of being taken in by witch doctors pushing miracle cures to enrich themselves and you attack him? Dude, that's low!

UM's aunt is why we need the FDA. The point, NH, which you missed, isn't Walnuts, it's protection. To protect those who need protection. To ensure that our medicines meet minimum requirements. Why would you or anyone disagree with that?

Before the FDA a sure way to get rich in this country was travel the countryside looking for rubes to push some miracle cure off on. These medicine men sold everything from water to radium ( which killed it's victims within a year). And while you may be OK with fleecing people with deadly cures, most of us aren't.

Diamond Foods settled with the FDA and stopped the false advertising.

Unless you are OK with false advertising who doesn't agree with that outcome?

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sure, ignore the science. You are the same lib who whined that the drug companies made too much money, aren't you?

Science has proven that many holistic treatments are as good or better than the medications ... they just don't create as many side effects ("may cause kidney failure, blood clots in the legs, heart attack, lymphomas" - Humera).

Sorry for your loss, but there are charlatans all over the place. Just look at the white house.

Just a note here Chad, if science has proven them to be as effective or more effective they'd be approved by the FDA.

This is no approval because there is no science.

Why do you think big pharma spends so much to get drugs approved? Think they'd spend less if they could?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Native Floridian:

One of the most reprehensible things Sheer uh InSannity ever did was put on his radio show a young man with terminal cancer, who stopped his "traditional" treatment and opted for a Mexican cure.

His parents were under fire for allowing this to happen. The terrible "authorities" took a dim view of the decision.

There wasn't, to my knowledge, any follow-up by InSannity. Wonder why...?

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Just a note here Chad, if science has proven them to be as effective or more effective they'd be approved by the FDA.

This is no approval because there is no science.

Why do you think big pharma spends so much to get drugs approved? Think they'd spend less if they could?

No, FDA stands to help regulate the drug industry.

No drugs needed, no drugs to regulate.

I believe that medicine does many wonderful things, however, big pharma is BIG BUSINESS. As such, it is often only interested in PROFIT.

It's great when they develop a drug that helps cure an illness, but just as good when they create something that mimics what is already found in nature but they can charge an outrageous price for it and create a need for more drugs to treat the side effects of those drugs.

There are charlatans all around us, the FDA answers to them, not us.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Chad:

You're not a Mod but you play one on tv?

Or is it that you don't accept responsibility for your previous posts? Like that roster of Mr. Obama's "Firsts" that was riddled with error. You lack credibility based on what you've put up here.

Good luck to all,

~The Old Bookaroo

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
UM comes in with a deeply personal story about the dangers of being taken in by witch doctors pushing miracle cures to enrich themselves and you attack him? Dude, that's low!

UM's aunt is why we need the FDA. The point, NH, which you missed, isn't Walnuts, it's protection. To protect those who need protection. To ensure that our medicines meet minimum requirements. Why would you or anyone disagree with that?

Before the FDA a sure way to get rich in this country was travel the countryside looking for rubes to push some miracle cure off on. These medicine men sold everything from water to radium ( which killed it's victims within a year). And while you may be OK with fleecing people with deadly cures, most of us aren't.

Diamond Foods settled with the FDA and stopped the false advertising.

Unless you are OK with false advertising who doesn't agree with that outcome?
Please allow me to correct your clearly biased post. I'll even use your overly dramatic "attack" word for maximum effect... I didn't "attack" anyone. I was attacked for my choice of the "Nazi" cliche and I responded to the "attack". Throw a sucker punch at me and I will respond with a baseball bat. Play nice and I will play nice. It really is that simple.. And what's "low" is using the medical condition of a sick relative to try to gain an upper hand in an argument that has NOTHING to do with that relative or their condition. I didn't drag his aunt into it HE did. Lastly could you please point out to me where the walnut growers made claims that their product cured any kind of disease or were you just trying to be dramatic with your comparison just like everyone else in your little "club" ? Believe me, I do see what's going on here. There appears to be a small group of you who stick together and trash every thread that makes any reference to the sad state of affairs going on in Washington. You gang up on those guys who are tired of it and you cheer eachother on much like Jr High School girls... You act like bullies but you play the victim card when you get it back in your own dish. Finally I am NOT here to argue with anyone or to participate in a contest to see who can create the most drama from what should have been a simple discussion so how about you let it go and stop humping my leg ? Carry on....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread