Want Charter Membership, Will NOT use PayPal - Help!

OldWest

Aug 23, 2014
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm...I used Ebay before Paypal and had no problems buying things. Then I had something to sell and it was really a pain to set Paypal up and I STILL am not comfortable with them having my bank information. I will probably open a new account with the bank and shut Paypal out completely. It wasn't worth it to me for them to take 10% of my profit on one item.
Frankly I'm an honest person and if you can't send me the money honestly and then let me send you the item, I don't need to sell it to you. This happened to be a collector in a very small niche and I wanted him to have the item. The item in question is now part of the best collection in the world. It was important to me that he acquire it. I didn't need Paypal's grubby little hands in the pot. I won't do anything with them again and I will warn ALL my friends.
I can't join another website due to the fact I don't use Facebook. Never had never will. Seems my foresight was 20-20 on that huh? Website's loss. I can read it I just can't contribute. Hmmm...

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want Charter Membership, wont use paypal..

Will serve beer at the Annual Picnic?

Trade?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't used eBay to buy or sell anything or PayPal to send or receive payments since 2017 after what eBay and a Buyer pulled on me. I sold a Schmidt-Bender Target Scope in March of 2017 and once I had transferred the received payment to my' Bank Account, I went on vacation to visit Limitool (Brad) and his' wife Bonnie and to help Brad build Toy Boxes. I was not online for 4 or 5 days and when I went to purchase some parts to fix Brad's Honda four-wheeler, I found that I was locked out of both. The Buyer wanted to return the Scope for a full refund and apparently had Buyer's remorse as he lied and stated that the Scope had problems with the elevation adjustment when it did not. I did not know any of this until I logged onto eBay to buy the parts and read the emails from eBay, PayPal and the Buyer. To make a long story short, I sent the $750 plus shipping fees back to PayPal which went on hold until the Scope was returned to my' home. When my' daughter advised me the Scope had arrived okay at my' home, I refunded the Buyer his' money. After getting home about a week later, I checked out the Scope and found that there was nothing wrong with it and found that the Buyer had never even mounted it on a rifle, so there was no way he would know that it had a problem. I emailed eBay two or three times concerning this but never got a response from them. After eBay refunded the listing, shipping and other fees to my' eBay Account, I called them to have them refund the money to my' PayPal Account as I wanted to close my' eBay Account. However, the eBay Representative intentionally told me to close PayPal Account and that I would receive my refund in three weeks to 30 days. Well, it took 6 phone calls to eBay, 2 phone calls to PayPal, numerous threats of a law suit, the re-opening of my' PayPal Account and 8 months to get my' $73.50 back from them to close my' eBay Account. As far as I am concerned, hell will freeze over before I use eBay or PayPal ever again. I point blank told them that if they continue to treat their' Sellers the way they are/were currently treating them, then the only folks they will one day sell items for on their' venue in the future, is Walmart.

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check is made out and will be in the mail in the morning.
treasurenet_congrats.jpg

Thanks firemanphob for supporting T-Net!

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Waiting to pay my charter membership:

636199078453482234-AP-DMV-Pennies.jpg

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just renewed my membership on May 1 with Pay Pal, but it ended up expiring anyway. I have sent an e-mail to TNet, hope it gets sorted this week.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just renewed my membership on May 1 with Pay Pal, but it ended up expiring anyway. I have sent an e-mail to TNet, hope it gets sorted this week.
tn_metal_detector.gif
Sorry about your problem. If you don't hear something back in a few days - PM me and I will see what is happening. Again - sorry for the delay.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found a app called Venmo, it was a bear to set up but I like it.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found a app called Venmo, it was a bear to set up but I like it.
tn_link.gif
I don't know how reliable this is but I searched Google and found...

In some sense, they're one in the same - PayPal acquired Venmo back in 2014 as part of its $800 million acquisition of a payment processing startup called Braintree. But it's also safe to say that PayPal and Venmo target different users. ... If PayPal is a digital check and money order, Venmo is a digital wallet. Also found Venmo-From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia opens with "...Venmo is a mobile payment service owned by PayPal..."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread