Wanted - 50-60 khz transmitter

Black Cloud

May 22, 2006
I need to supplement/replace some lost or outdated signals, and would like to buy a 1 watt transmitter, in the 50-60 khz range, sine wave. My plan is to lay the antenna wire on the ground and transmit the frequency into the ground , replacing the old naval transmitters that I can't seem to find anymore. I am not a tech, but I have an BK precision # 3031 audio generator, and was thinking of getting an old 1 watt amp and hooking the generator to the amp, then using the wire antenna in the out terminals. I would rather just buy one from someone that knows a little about radios and stations.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmmm, interesting problem. I was looking at the posts from the guy in Turkey that was using a German instrument that operated in that frequency range. Looks like an interesting concept. Here are a few issues I see.

Would a watt near your receiver be too much signal? Maybe lower power would work.
An audio amp won't work very well outside of the audio range.
The FCC might not like you transmitting at 60kHz.

I guess there aren't any other stations you could tune to? WWVB ?
A low power transmitter wouldn't be too hard to build.

OP
OP
B

Black Cloud

May 22, 2006
SWR said:
Black Cloud said:
I need to supplement/replace some lost or outdated signals, and would like to buy a 1 watt transmitter, in the 50-60 khz range, sine wave. My plan is to lay the antenna wire on the ground and transmit the frequency into the ground , replacing the old naval transmitters that I can't seem to find anymore. I am not a tech, but I have an BK precision # 3031 audio generator, and was thinking of getting an old 1 watt amp and hooking the generator to the amp, then using the wire antenna in the out terminals. I would rather just buy one from someone that knows a little about radios and stations.

If no luck here, try over @ the Geotech site. Gobs of great information and techs to lend a hand.

http://www.geotech1.com/forums/index.php
Rob in KS said:
Hmmm, interesting problem. I was looking at the posts from the guy in Turkey that was using a German instrument that operated in that frequency range. Looks like an interesting concept. Here are a few issues I see.

Would a watt near your receiver be too much signal? Maybe lower power would work.
An audio amp won't work very well outside of the audio range.
The FCC might not like you transmitting at 60kHz.

I guess there aren't any other stations you could tune to? WWVB ?
A low power transmitter wouldn't be too hard to build.
That guy in Turkey has the identical instrument. It works well in Europe, and I'm sure other places around the world. Just not in my backyard. Yes, it is an amazing piece of equipment, and I am making plans to go to germany for professional instruction and will sell the product. The new model has it's own transmitter, just for places where there may not be a suitable signal, for whatever reason. The engineer has given me the details of it, and that is what I am trying to duplicate here. The transmitter will be placed at least 150 meters from the area of survey, so I am not picking up the primary signal, but the secondary. I will deal with the FCC. Oh, the 1 watt of power was the top end, hopefully will not need that much. When you say the audio amp will not work past it's range, I do not understand what you mean. That's why I am asking for help and cannot do this myself. I was told that I needed to connect the amp to the generator. The perfect solution would be to have a 50-60 kz radio station. I suppose. I have tried and cannot seem to pick up that station in Ft. Collins that you mentioned. Thanks for your interest. If you would like to put something together for me I will compensate you as you see fit.

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
60kHz is the frequency for the WWVB NIST Time Signal.
http://tf.nist.gov/stations/wwvb.htm
If you happen to interfere with that signal, expect the FCC to break down your door, sieze your equipment, and toss you in the hoosegow. The FCC does not give warnings, nor do they have a "sense of humor".
:tongue3:

OP
OP
B

Black Cloud

May 22, 2006
Homefires, you need to go hide in the closet since you live in fear. No one is going to kick down my door and seize anything. You would be well advised to discontinue your threats and mind your own business. You see, I don't have a "sense of humor" either.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Black Cloud said:
Homefires, you need to go hide in the closet since you live in fear. No one is going to kick down my door and seize anything. You would be well advised to discontinue your threats and mind your own business. You see, I don't have a "sense of humor" either.

It seems that a "sense of humor" is not the only thing you are lacking. Homefires was only passing on some friendly advice. With today's Homeland Security crap going on, you just might be surprised at what would get your door kicked in.
Kind of reminds me of that scene in "The Fifth Element" when Bruce Willis's next door neighbor mouthed off at the security cops and ended up being hauled off in a bag.
Homefires is just trying to keep you from getting "bagged". But..............go ahead on with yourself. Catch ya later. :icon_salut:

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Black Cloud said:

Most Appropriate Name BLACKCLOUD!

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The FCC will not bother you for alot of things, but I do not think they would like you transmitting on a government time signal freq......I realize 1 watt is not alot, but still...

K

Kentucky Kache

But if you were to use an existing radio station's signal...??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions