WANTED: Hikers to help document the conclusion of the Peralta Stone Maps

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First let me reply to the hot dog from Chicago, without beaing able to read and decipher my copy of Storms book your thoughts on the subject are I can definitely say are not -correcto.Dont take it personnally your not the first person on this board to make comments that look like egg on the face of a mule.-Now let me address the Apache bar and Cactus grill , on a cold night when your board,take your volume#175 and read it to your dog,when your done,and he is howling to the wind, you can toss it in the fire for a little more warmth,#175 aint worth a tweet.
I could take my copy to the Supers and pinpoint exact buried mine locations,I also can take the same copy to Tumincary,and pinpoint 1 other treasure location, as a matter of fact i was there 2 months ago and bingo.-Yall believe what you want...

Isn't it great to have some gold for the mantle piece !

2012.png

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations are in order then - I'm sure John is happy that someone was able to use his book to discover many treasures. It does seem a little odd that Barry (being the treasure hunter he was) would have given clues to all those treasures in a book rather than just digging them all up himself when it was still legal to do so out there.

Oh well - glad to hear of your success.

gogojuice

Jul 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait 'till October at least. The Superstitions are bewildering and confusing. Read the recent tragic history. Many deaths occur within a mile of established trails.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wait 'till October at least. The Superstitions are bewildering and confusing. Read the recent tragic history. Many deaths occur within a mile of established trails.
By your comments, should I assume it's an issue of "weather" versus "wildlife" or is wildlife just as deadly? I'm planning on a potential trip that direction next spring and just want to be aware of all hazards. Not from the area and dying would really put a damper on the trip.

Advocat

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By your comments, should I assume it's an issue of "weather" versus "wildlife" or is wildlife just as deadly? I'm planning on a potential trip that direction next spring and just want to be aware of all hazards. Not from the area and dying would really put a damper on the trip.

Weather has to be the first consideration, i.e., desert heat. For the Superstitions, spring is better than summer, but winter is better than spring. Heat and exertion (even the trails can be pretty rugged) require more than just a bottle of water. With respect to wildlife, rattlesnakes abound, so it is necessary to be very watchful. Scorpions too, but they are less of a problem unless you are climbing or turning over rocks and such. It would be wise to read up on desert hiking so you know what type of clothing, footwear, and how much water to carry, etc.

gogojuice

Jul 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather has to be the first consideration, i.e., desert heat. For the Superstitions, spring is better than summer, but winter is better than spring. Heat and exertion (even the trails can be pretty rugged) require more than just a bottle of water. With respect to wildlife, rattlesnakes abound, so it is necessary to be very watchful. Scorpions too, but they are less of a problem unless you are climbing or turning over rocks and such. It would be wise to read up on desert hiking so you know what type of clothing, footwear, and how much water to carry, etc.

I agree. By far the summer weather is more deadly than any wildlife you may run into. I hate to discourage anyone from visiting the Sonoran Desert, but hiking in the summer months is pure torture and you risk death from dehydration. I'm sure the same type of advice is given in Alaska during wintertime.

The weather in winter is very pleasant, but there is still a risk of sunburn and dehydration if you are out all day so takes lots of water and use sunscreen. Please come to Arizona and enjoy the great outdoors!

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somehiker,I will take a half ass of gold anytime,afterall its where you find it, now to Chicago hot dog,Storm did find a gold mine ,made the mistake of reporting to the press,and the mine was taken away from him by a large mineing synicate,with larger bar bouncers on their payroll...Dont report finds and stay safe.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Somehiker,I will take a half ass of gold anytime,afterall its where you find it, now to Chicago hot dog,Storm did find a gold mine ,made the mistake of reporting to the press,and the mine was taken away from him by a large mineing synicate,with larger bar bouncers on their payroll...Dont report finds and stay safe.

You seem to have a lot of really good information. Can you tell us where that gold mine is?

Joe Ribaudo

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you haven"t located any gold by now,you most likely wont,go back through your prized book collection and see if you missed something important...2ndly your not 1 of my responsibiltys. Never- the- less,good luck in your searches.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

In other words.......You have no idea where that mine is located, just as you have no idea about its true story. Perhaps you should go back to Barry Storm's "Bible".

Joe Ribaudo

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I were a grade school teacher I would rate your Retort ,
D.A.M.,
Dome-
Angry-
Minus-or-Thoughtless
Maybe you ought to pick up your phone and call Dr.Drew,any help is better than none.
Good Luck in your quest.

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
If you were a grade school teacher, you would know how to spell. It's obvious you don't know how to read, nor understand what was written in "Thunder God's Gold". Anyone who might join you in the Superstitions should have their life insurance policy paid up, as you have no idea of where you would go or how dangerous those mountains can be.

This conversation is a total waste of time. It's done.

Joe Ribaudo

Last edited:

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey 6.5
Just one quick question, how much did you pay for this "Special" book by Barry Storm ?
Alan

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
All,

This seems like a good place to say this, again.

I have not been in the Superstitions since 2004. Due to bone spurs on my spine and both shoulders, I can't do much of anything. That compounds the health problems, culminating in a heart attack back in may.

I would love to go in with some of the people who have asked me, but then reality sets in.

Good luck,

Joe Ribaudo

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Hope all you guys are doing well. Wayne you showing up for the gathering? Joe sorry to hear about your health issues.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Frank:

Good to hear from you.
And hope your feelin fine.
Came close to dropping in for a visit this week....but I've been watching the weather and talked myself out of it.
I would have sent an E-mail ahead this time, though. :hello:
I plan to be there for Rendezvous weekend, and although Paul has said he's probably not going to make it, perhaps things will change.
I do expect to be able to put something together with TP and maybe get out for at least one hike with Travis or our latest volunteer...Chuck:whip2:
Been meaning to give him a shout, perhaps tomorrow.
I had pointed out an area to him, the last time we were out there, where I had seen an old "coffee cup" half buried in the dirt.
I wonder if he made it out there for a look-see ?
Maybe we can get you to come along for a day, and bring that customized whatchamacallit along.
I imagine you've had your hands full, washing dust from the house this year.
Been out prospecting at all ?

Regards:Wayne

Last edited:

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
6.5 keep in mind treasure books are good for getting a feel on the subject. Do not depend on them leading you to the target. In most cases they will send you off in the wrong direction. A direction many others followed before you. Think outside the box or in this case the book. The key is footwork in the correct area. The trick is finding the correct area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread