Wanted to plan a trip to the south for some CW digging any help????

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey guys
For those of you who do not know me my name is Keith Massimino and i live in CT. I am 24 and have been detecting for about a yr and a half. To say the least i am crazy with this hobby, i mean my gf thinks im nuts, and all i do when its nice is dig. Since im in the northeast i have the luxury of nice old sites. However, one thing ive been wanting to do since day one is dig some CW relics. I see all you guys digging three ringers and box plates, and it makes me envious. SO this summer i want to plan a trip somehwere in the south say Virgina,Georgia, or the Carolina's for some CW hunting. The only issue is i dont know where to start. I wanted to see if anyone from the south would mind hooking up with my partner and myself sometime in the next few months to hunt. I was thinking sometime around april or may. Im going to make alittle trip out of it and i was hoping to stop in a few states over the course of a week or two. If you would be interested in showing a fellow hunter around your beautiful south for a few hunts i would be more then willing to reciprocate if anyone wants to hit some colonial sites up here sometime. If this is something you'd be into let me know
Sincerly,
Keith Massimino Jr
P.S. Happy hunting everyone

Upvote 0

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Georgia and would be happy to meet up with you guys if you come down.
Ive only been doing this a few months so Im a bit of a newbie.
Ive been doing almost only CW relic hunting the entire time.
I have found nothing at all. I mean NOTHING :-\ (well, a few things that MIGHT be CW but nothing certain)
Ive even hit some places that Im 100% certain were in the middle of fights and still found nothing.
(Some of this may have to do with my detector though)

Anyway, Ive been turned on to some new leads by a nice member here and will check those out soon I hope.

If you get a plan to come down, let me know. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
deathhare said:
I have found nothing at all. I mean NOTHING :-\ (well, a few things that MIGHT be CW but nothing certain)
Ive even hit some places that Im 100% certain were in the middle of fights and still found nothing.

Anyway, Ive been turned on to some new leads by a nice member here and will check those out soon I hope.

Yea that would be awesome. I might be able to help ya a bit with the detector to. ALthough im not a pro i have enough experience with some machines to trouble shoot. ALso i can brinng my extra detector if you want. Very easy to use and actually quite good. Il be in touch
Keith

deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ugotit22 said:
deathhare said:

Yea that would be awesome. I might be able to help ya a bit with the detector to. ALthough im not a pro i have enough experience with some machines to trouble shoot. ALso i can brinng my extra detector if you want. Very easy to use and actually quite good. Il be in touch
Keith

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
allen said:
research the areas you want to detect, then get permission ... good luck...

works when your in your local area, not when your on a road trip. Thanx though

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
detector de metales said:
I hear ya Keith,
I too would LOVE to head down south this spring to do the same thing..
Hmmm do we have an Idea? LOL
Love to find at least some three ringers..

Good luck!

J2

let me know if you want to meet in the middle and plan alittle roadtrip. IM down for whatever, i just want to dig some nice relics

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Newbie enthusiasm, road trip, e-net hook-ups, unknown sites!
Yeoww! Can't miss! At least on the fun side! Good luck and best wishes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread