War and peace and silver, too.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Due to family stuff, I haven't been getting out as much as some of you die hards have been lately. No massive silver finds for me, but I have been able to get out here and there for a bit, and these finds are from the last several hunts where usually at least one relic or silver was found. From Tim's Eagle's nest to the old Metra park, to my favorite little old faithful picnic area, here they are:

At the old park, I dug a .50 calibre bullet - that would do some damage! :o Also found a square buckle, a Brophy & Petrie Chicago and Northwestern Railroad uniform button and an old square snap there. Peace came from Hong Kong by way of the Eagle's nest.

W&P small.jpg

Button front small.jpg

Three hunts at my favorite little oldies spot gave me a dime each time, :thumbsup: plus the harmonica reed, the round buckle, and the brass "hoop & loop" that I assume is from horse tack.

Barber in dirt small.jpg
Dirty Barber back.jpg

The '18 Merc is an "S". It must have been on its side because the depth was way off, causing me to whack the back when I dug it. :( The worn Barber and the '27 are both plain. This little area continues to surprise me with an oldie here and there as long as I swing slow and pay attention to what I'm doing! ;D

Finds small.jpg

The round flat thing under the rounded buckle is made out of lead. It is pretty much flat, and looks like bottle cap marks or tooth marks around the edge. A bottle seal maybe? :dontknow:

Silver small.jpg

Well that's it for a while. Thanks for checking out my post and stay cool out there! HH! :wink:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Yeah buddy! Got me a nice old pull tab at the nest the other day. One of the early ones with instructions, "Lift tab and pull"! Me and wifey were there yesterday. Some kid tried to jump the creek with a bike on the bridge that longer exists. Big drop! Splash, ouch, crawling out screaming... etc... ya know. Some things just crack me up!

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that button, and that silver sure is sweet too.

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver ? What is that ? I can't remember the last time I pulled some out of the ground...
Zincolns AHHHHH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions