War Newspapers

iceman0xh

Dec 22, 2009
Wasnt exactly a garage sale but I always check craigslist collectables section to see what people are selling. This morning I came across an ad selling WWI and WWII newspapers from local Colorado agencies. I sent him and email and met up with him to buy the papers, I didn't have the full $25 he was asking for in cash but he gladly took my $20 and gave me the stack. He are a list of what I got.

Dec 8th 1941 Durango Herald Democrat announcing the declaration of war and includeds the full text of Roosevelts message to congress

Dec 8th 1941 For Morgan Times announcing the declaration of war

Dec 6th 1916 Denver Post discussing the declaration of war on Austria

Aug 21th 1919 Mid Week Pictorial from the New York Times

Jul 17 1919 Mid Week Pictorial from the New York Times talking about the peace treaty to end the war

Mar 12 1917 Denver Times

Im not sure if these hold any major value but the historical content is all I was paying for. Thinking about framing them up and putting them on my walls.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought about 10 papers from the L.A. papers announcing the end of war WWII. So far I have sold 5 on feebay for $7.50 to $15 if I remember correctly.
526946797_o.jpg

The guy really didn't want to sell them. I bought 3 WWI postcards for $1 and gave him a fiverr and told him I would take the papers as change. I got the papers.

I also sold each post card for $7.50 to $10
504988308_o.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread