War Nickel Recount - LOL

georgia boy

Feb 4, 2014
Georgia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2, at pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome! I have have 2 so I have a little ways to go!

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I love searching nickels because its not just silver I can get. I can get the illusive V nickel, or a buffalo nickel and to my knowledge no other coin hounds are searching nickels because I haven't gotten any repacks. Everyone does quarters and halves around here. Good luck on everyone's hunts!

Sincerely, GarouLady

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there Garoulady..keep stacking the nickels..they are fun to gather. Sadly...I just LOST a 1943 war nick, had it out was showing one of the kids the difference of the different years nicks, and the tone that a silver (semi) coin makes when dropped on the counter. So...long story short, I forget to put it away, and Mama grabs some loose change for school lunches...ugh...nuff said. Gone. Kaput. thanks for sharing darlin...hope all is going well for you..and remember-fight like a girl!! ha. thx again...ddf

tyler2277

Mar 3, 2014
Chicago suburbs
Primary Interest:
Other
Nickels are the most fun IMO, with everything you can find. I'm just at 10 war nickels now but have only done about 12 boxes, but I've also gotten 6 buffaloes.
Good luck finishing the roll

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More for the pile. I am working on a completing a roll of each date/mint mark. May take me the rest of my life, but it is a fair square goal.
Good Luck!
apush

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
More for the pile. I am working on a completing a roll of each date/mint mark. May take me the rest of my life, but it is a fair square goal. Good Luck! apush
I'm just trying to get a complete set. I've stacked away 4 rolls total but have yet to find a 42D. I've got multiples of everything else but that one eludes me. And congrats GarouLady on finding silver at work.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Neat thing is that there are a serious amount of jewelry makers around here so I can sell my buffalos for a decent price, better than any LCS will offer. and the best silver find I got at work was $23.40 FV in quarters and dimes that a co-worker saved for me. Almost got wrote up in my zeal to buy it before she had to give it away as change, LOL. I gave her a $20 tip for saving it for me. Not to mention she needed the money really bad too, so this was a good reason to give her something. I am thinking about picking up my first nickel box since radiation and chemo treatment but it depends on the weather tomorrow. I heard its suppose to get a bit hairy here in Michigan though nowhere near as bad as what is happening south of Michigan. Stay safe guys and gals. Momma nature is nothing to mess around with.

Sincerely, GarouLady

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love them nickel boxes!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread