War nickels

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
Adam,

The war nickels are cheap to buy but you are not even going to get close to melt price when you go to sell them. If you like to collect them search boxes. You can find them and you may pickup a few old nickels as well.
HH

Rich

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
on Ebay you get 1.00 for them. A roll goes for a nice price. My suggestion is get a roll of them together and put them up on ebay. You could make a few buck after fees.

Golden Silver

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can get them for a quarter, I would pick them up. Get as many as you can and hold them.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
adambomb106 said:
I visit my local pawn shop/coin dealer regularly and occasionally buy silver. Today he had a bunch in, but he sells it at 12x face. However, he sells his war nickels for 5x face. I have bought a couple here and there, but today he had 24. Aren't these worth a buck right now? Or am I confused?

buy ALL you can for 5X face. You CAN get 10X face numerous places, as shown by others. A double on your money in a week. OR - if it were me I'd hold them. But then you don't make any money on them either. You just get to hold them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread