War of 1812 Script "A" button, 1818 LC, NY coat button

U

umrgolf

War of 1812 Script "A" button, 1818 LC, NY coat button

:hello: Hi T-net, managed a 2 hour hunt today after work at a new site.. I knocked, owner said "sure go ahead" and I couldn't start swinging fast enough.. To my dismay, the detector was going nuts from interference, so I asked the guy if there was an underground power line or something ??? He said, "oh yeah that's the dog's shock collar line" :laughing9: :laughing9: Thankfully, he was kind enough to turn it off, so the digging began.. Somewhere in the meanwhile I cut into the line twice :laughing7: and had to help him splice it back together when I was finished.. I did manage to dig a couple nice things out of the yard though :thumbsup: Thanks for looking and HH Jeff

War of 1812 Artillery Button (1st Regiment)
IMG_0059.JPG

Backmark of Scovill*Levenworth*Hayden
IMG_0075.JPG

1818 Big Penny
IMG_0068.JPG

IMG_0067.JPG

New York Coat
IMG_0062.JPG

Transit token
IMG_0072.JPG

IMG_0073.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Re: War of 1812 Script "A" button, 1818 LC, NY coat button

Thank you Sniffy, VPR and MR ... when the coil's hot u just gotta keep diggin :headbang:

Mar 19, 2003
Summerfield Fla.
Detector(s) used
XSII,Excalibur,Ace 250,Shadow X-5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Neil in West Jersey said:
That 1812 button is a great example of an early Scovill button!
That sure is one heck of a purdy button there, I agree with Neil :headbang: :headbang:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Brian(upstateNY-Central Fla.) said:
Neil in West Jersey said:
That 1812 button is a great example of an early Scovill button!
That sure is one heck of a purdy button there, I agree with Neil :headbang: :headbang:

Thanks Brian.. Like I said, you don't see too many of those 1812 buttons come out at the sites we dig... Its the mysterious gap ??? Seems like the stuff is colonial or CW :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread