War on Dredging Ban!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
July 26, 2011, Assembly Bill 120 was approved by Governor Brown.

Look folks we are all in this together whether you dredge or not.
Pretty soon prospecting for Gold will be banned in every state if we don't act now!

Don't go down without a fight!!! Don't wait until you don't have the right to prospect or even protest anymore!!!
First the dredges then before you know it all prospecting will be banned!!!

Read the governors message in the California Mining Journal on page 3 (Aug. 1931) back in the good ol' days.
http://www.icmj.com/UserFiles/file/August 1931 complete.pdf

Let the present Governor know how you feel! or bend over for more of the same! Don't wait for someone else to do it, that's why there's no dredging now!
http://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php

If you are from out of state let the governor know that due to the dredging ban in California your families vacation dollars are now being spent in other states. And that you will also be participating in a nationwide boycott of California products and services as well as agricultural produce.

GG~

Governor Brown,

In addition to not spending my vacation dollars in your state and since you have seen fit to deprive thousands of Californians of their livelyhood and countless others of enjoyment of their hobby. I will also be supporting the nationwide boycott of Californian goods and services as well as agricultural produce. Including the boycotting of any and all companies and corporations based in your state, for as long as gold dredging is banned there.

An e-mail campaign will also be initiated informing said businesses and corporations of the reason for the nationwide boycott supported by prospectors as well as concerned citizens from all over the United States of America standing in solidarity with our Californian counterparts.

Sincerely,
xxxxx xxxxx
City, State

Sent today at 7:45am reply requested.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple things: I'm not sure why you would post this in the California section given that the majority who read this section are Californians and are well aware (and upset) by the dredging ban. Second, while we appreciate you trying to draw attention to the ban, I don't understand how you can complain to the governor about depriving people of their livelihoods and hobbies then state that you are boycotting all of California's products. If you really cared about the livelihoods and hobbies of those of us in California, why would you want to boycott our products and services? In doing so, you are immensely hurting the livelihoods of millions of people in this state. Just bug the crap out of the governor and piss him off but don't hurt the people of the state because you're afraid of some unforeseen snowball effect. Thanks.

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes you are absolutely right!!! Sorry :-\ It was really just an empty threat to get the governors attention.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodyGuy said:
Yes you are absolutely right!!! Sorry :-\ It was really just an empty threat to get the governors attention.

:thumbsup: And that's kinda what I figured. I hope you get an out of state crowd big enough to help persuade his mind but he's pretty darn stubborn and close-minded. Keep it up and buy Californian! (but feel free to threaten not to just as long as you don't follow through with it)

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Customx_12 said:
GoodyGuy said:

:thumbsup: And that's kinda what I figured. I hope you get an out of state crowd big enough to help persuade his mind but he's pretty darn stubborn and close-minded. Keep it up and buy Californian! (but feel free to threaten not to just as long as you don't follow through with it)

:icon_thumleft:

Mileaway

Aug 15, 2011
Sonora,Ca
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter - Prospector
Customx_12 said:
A couple things: I'm not sure why you would post this in the California section given that the majority who read this section are Californians and are well aware (and upset) by the dredging ban. Second, while we appreciate you trying to draw attention to the ban, I don't understand how you can complain to the governor about depriving people of their livelihoods and hobbies then state that you are boycotting all of California's products. If you really cared about the livelihoods and hobbies of those of us in California, why would you want to boycott our products and services? In doing so, you are immensely hurting the livelihoods of millions of people in this state. Just bug the crap out of the governor and piss him off but don't hurt the people of the state because you're afraid of some unforeseen snowball effect. Thanks.

Your right. Maybe only boycott ALL the Businesses/Owners that support the stupid ban. Anyone have a list? I could make a guess but I'm totally "Politically Incorrect". :icon_pirat:M

OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mileaway said:
Customx_12 said:

Your right. Maybe only boycott ALL the Businesses/Owners that support the stupid ban. Anyone have a list? I could make a guess but I'm totally "Politically Incorrect". :icon_pirat:M

#1. First and foremost on that list should be the "Karuk Tribe of California" and any business that they have their hand in!

#2. Second should be the past governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and his successor Gov. Edmund G. Brown Jr. and any businesses they are affiliated with!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread