WARD BASED HIS STORY ON ORIGINAL "THE BEALE PAPERS" PUBLISHED 1850

Status
Not open for further replies.

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
We know Lafitte had lots of money/treasure. He was not called a privateer for nothing. His quotes: " I gave instructions to the few inhabitants not to reveal the places where my merchandise from our captures was hidden." " I am said to have silver and gold hidden in the sandy shores of all the islands along the Gulf coast. ... It is true. There are some caches in places, but I do not have the least idea of the exact locations... I indeed have many valuable articles near New Orleans, buried in some little estuary, tucked away, and unknown by everybody but me."

Where are you quoting this from?

Thanks Tat

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well no ghost here. It is a historical and documented fact that James Beverly Risque had a duel with Thomas Beale and was shot through the side where a silk handkerchief could be pulled through the wound. The duel was over Julia Hancock as the Court House documents state. So where do you dig up your thoughts from?????????????/

Look at who filed that document, where the information came from. The courts are full of, "claims & accusations". That's what courts are. Do you think every court record/claim is true? Just suggesting that you look beyond what may have been filed in a court claim/report.......

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The document was filed by the Clerk of the Court. Which makes it an authentic document or don't you believe in court documents either? Keep searching your French Connection, I will deal with only facts.

"Where did that information come from?" What was its origin? The Clerk of the Court only files information but you need to know the origin of that information. So where did that information originate? What was the process that caused it to arrive at the clerk of courts for filing? I can go to the courts today and pull all types of documents that are false statements. So you see, you need to know the origin of the information before the information can be called factual. Requires some investigation but you have to know these critical things. Just saying......

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
The two survivors meet their final time in 1826 at the Peaks Presbyterian Church in Bedford County, just northeast of Montvale where one of them got married to a half-Cherokee woman and the other Thomas J. Beale was best man. TJB got his third party together to go west to recover some more of the treasure and the whole party was captured by the Indians on Tinker Creek in Roanoke City. TJB and party were carried back into the mountains just above Buchannon, Virginia and were all massacred. The only survivor then was the man wounded in 1819 by a babbling Mexican.
There is another hunting party like the one your speaking of. The families petitioned congress in the mid to late 1790's. The church was in the chapel hill area where they returned to

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes but when you go back to the letters of TJB, he said Virginia not North Carolina. And bigscoop when a document is filed by the Clerk of the Court is from an actual court case from the minutes of that case filed. You all have a Happy Thanksgiving we will finish off talking turkey the rest of the year.

Can't wait to hear more on that actual court case. Now go eat some pie and turkey.

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes but when you go back to the letters of TJB, he said Virginia not North Carolina. And bigscoop when a document is filed by the Clerk of the Court is from an actual court case from the minutes of that case filed. You all have a Happy Thanksgiving we will finish off talking turkey the rest of the year.

I was hoping you knew the story. The party met in Virginia then went west. Soon I will have the time to go thru me notes a give the details

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Where did that information come from?" What was its origin? ... So you see, you need to know the origin of the information before the information can be called factual. Requires some investigation but you have to know these critical things. Just saying......

Just saying that also applies to the arcane French history tour of the Beale story you're so fond of presenting that never seems to have a direct or indirect "connexion" to the events in the 1885 BEALE PAPERS or to the Beale treasure. You keep shuffling the cards you hold close to the vest, but keep dealing out jokers.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saying that also applies to the arcane French history tour of the Beale story you're so fond of presenting that never seems to have a direct or indirect "connexion" to the events in the 1885 BEALE PAPERS or to the Beale treasure. You keep shuffling the cards you hold close to the vest, but keep dealing out jokers.

But you're wrong....just goes to show you're not even willing to investigate the evidence that has been getting posted here in pieces for a couple years now. If you had done this, you wouldn't still be so lost to it all. It's much-much easier to simply wave the white flag of fiction then to actually go through the labors of the physical research. Dime novel, perhaps, but aside from the internet and a few books, how much research have you actually done on your own? Have you found any of the referenced letters & documents?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Still you provide NO direct or indirect "connexion" to Beale, the story, or to the supposed treasure, but quick with the flippant reply of have you or do you know.
As Brad Andrews observed in his Beale research_ "First a pet theory is formed, then the evidence will be arranged and likewise presented so that it supports the pet theory. Believe me, this is very easy thing to do, forcing the evidence to fit the theory...".
Seems as though you are forcing the supposed French connection "evidence" to fit your pet theory.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still you provide NO direct or indirect "connexion" to Beale, the story, or to the supposed treasure, but quick with the flippant reply of have you or do you know.
As Brad Andrews observed in his Beale research_ "First a pet theory is formed, then the evidence will be arranged and likewise presented so that it supports the pet theory. Believe me, this is very easy thing to do, forcing the evidence to fit the theory...".
Seems as though you are forcing the supposed French connection "evidence" to fit your pet theory.

On the contrary....that's what I make sure I'm not doing. Heck, if I wanted to do that I'd be tossing out all sorts of stuff. But I did find a big one today! Might even be time for the book now.....

Not that you've looked into it enough to understand the political impact of this....but when Napoleon was active in his campaigns, where do you think Louis XVIII found safe exile? Do you know why this is important? Can you make some of those connexions now?

OP
OP
E

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Not that you've looked into it enough to understand the political impact of this....but when Napoleon was active in his campaigns, where do you think Louis XVIII found safe exile? Do you know why this is important? Can you make some of those connexions now?[/
Louis XVIII made the rounds-Germany, Poland, Latvia, Italy, and England during his exile, then back to France and the throne.
Please tell how this is connected to the 1885 Beale Papers, the story, and/or the treasure.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not that you've looked into it enough to understand the political impact of this....but when Napoleon was active in his campaigns, where do you think Louis XVIII found safe exile? Do you know why this is important? Can you make some of those connexions now?[/
Louis XVIII made the rounds-Germany, Poland, Latvia, Italy, and England during his exile, then back to France and the throne.
Please tell how this is connected to the 1885 Beale Papers, the story, and/or the treasure.

Ahhh....look into the British connexion.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Trying to clear up the "French" confusion and trying to get folks to focus on the world politics of the era, which included the French. We wonder why Napoleon was kept alive on that island, so think of it as sort of the dangling of a powerful political card. Britain and the coalition wasn't at war with France, just at war with who was in power of France at the time. The only threats involving Napoleon's possible rescue were coming from the US, the country that quickly accepted and accommodated those same Napolianic refugees. A lot of powers trying to negotiate a lot of things during the period. You really have to have a good picture of what was really going on in the world. So don't just think French....focus on the politics that were being played out. The stakes were huge and lasting.....the candle worth the flame.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Britain looking at the French Napoleonic forces numbers must have been bug eyed. Allies wanted sign was out for sure.
Twenty years plus of various coalitions fighting for who would control Europe.
Spain weakened during that time with loss of Latin countries and the British had war in 1812 declared on them by previously neutral America.
A non Napoleonic coalition during what ever the particular of the many wars dates, would be who to look to for asylum if a deposed king..and so Louis the eighteenth hobbled hither and yon depending on other countries whims, would a Bourbon or Napoleonic ruler succeed and how?
When one power takes control , the other best leave or risk death. Those Napoleonic supporters in America were somewhat insulated from the white terrors of persecution following restoration in France. Yet like their enemy king they were trying to stay out of reach hoping for their own futures at the allowance of their hosts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread