Warm Weather And A Old Park. What Else Could You Ask For. Maybe Some Goodies.

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Weather shot up again into the mid and high 30's over the weekend. So you know what that means. Yeah I was out. It wasn't that bad on Sat.

Day 2 me and my boy felt the cold. The winds were high and it made it alot colder. We managed to hang in there for a few hrs.

I've been studying a old park from aerial views. Although I haven't been the first person to hunt the park I do beleive I have the ability to still sniff out the old and deep coins missed by past hunters.

That is just what I did. I always like to test my detecting skills against the others. Well as you can see I can find a miss. It isn't easy but I know what to listen for and how to hunt the areas.

I know the spots they missed in the parks. I went out Sat by myself. It started out well. I was atop a bluff and picked up 2 wheats right away. I felt good about that.

Not that wheats are significant. But I knew if they were there others were there. I was right. About a half hr later I pulled a no date buffalo.

I continued to hunt and found a rosie a 1960. Almost right after that I got a signal in the 50's. I knew the sound was different than a screw cap.

I looked down on the surface and saw a old silver antique earing on the ground. I picked it up and saw a weird stone set in it. Looks like a cheap or fake opal. It's marked 925 on the back. I picked up a few more wheats and was happy with 7 old coins in 3 hrs.

Not a killer ratio. But I'm getting relics and clad inbetween also. Alot of area to hunt in this park. I'm gonna hit the whole entire park and clear out the last bits.

Sunday, came and my son wanted to go out. So we headed right back to the park. We worked a new section and came away with a few good finds.

There was a really nice old foundation in the woods. I got a wheat and a 1922 trolley token near the site. I need to go back and hit it better.

I was giving my son signals to dig right. I get a funny plus 44 signal up against a tree. I said Jake, dig this hole out. I moved about ten ft away to dig another signal.

All the sudden my 6 yr old son says Daddy I think I got a wheatie. I knew when he said he had a coin it was either a indian or something else. I was right.

Little kids have all the luck. I can dig tabs all day right. I'll give my boy one tab signal and he'll come back with a buckle,button, old relic or something cool everytime.

Can't wait to get him a unit. Think I'm gonna get him a ace 250 soon. I've had him hunting since he was 1 and a half. Kid can dig, trudge long distances and has killer vision for relics and coins.

We continued the hunt and found a 1910 v nickle and a 49 jefferson. We had 4 old coins and a bunch of clad and relics over 2 hrs. I said that's enough for today and we headed home.

Can't wait to try and get back out later this week to the old park. Looks like it's gonna give me some area to hunt for awhile. I love to have a location to hunt all the time. While I look for others inbetween.

Thanks for looking. Hope you all like the pics.

HH Jer

Attachments

• Old Park Gives It Up 002.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 002.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,098
  • Old Park Gives It Up 003.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 003.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,062
  • Old Park Gives It Up 004.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 004.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,064
  • Old Park Gives It Up 005.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 005.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,077
  • Old Park Gives It Up 006.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 006.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,092
  • Old Park Gives It Up 007.jpg
    Old Park Gives It Up 007.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 1,048
Upvote 0
OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot everyone

Seeker, Not a problem. I know when I can't get out it's nice to look at someone elses finds. Helps me get through. It got really cold here again to. But it is supposed to get back up to 50 later this week.

There is nothing wrong with a good cup of tea. I'm a man and drink it with my wife to. It's good and is soothing almost lol.

Glad you liked the story SB. I'll have more to come through out the yr.

Take care all

HH Jer

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Warm Weather And A Old Park. What Else Could You Ask For. Maybe Some Goodies

Sweet finds...nice assortment of everything. Glad you and your son were able to have a great day in the old park. ;D

;) RR

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys.

It was fun to be out again. Now the snow is coming through again.

HH Jer

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Good going! Even though it's snowing this morning, our local weather types predict we'll be in the 60's next week! My daughter keeps telling me she can't wait to go metal detecting again, if only because it means better weather. Saturday would have been a good day to try if not for family obligations :-\. Nice finds!

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys.

Yeah the snow came through pa here again last night. Got about 3 inches. But it is still relatively warm out. Supposed to be high 50's here later this week.

Hope my boys will still want to hunt with there old dad once they get older. I'm really gonna need to find some sites once they all start hunting.

HH Jer

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Re: Warm Weather And A Old Park. What Else Could You Ask For. Maybe Some Goodies

JerDfx said:
Thanks alot guys.

Hope my boys will still want to hunt with there old dad once they get older. I'm really gonna need to find some sites once they all start hunting.

HH Jer

Let them do the research to find the spots and just take ole dad along for the ride.

Mike

Functional

Feb 16, 2007
Okanagan Valley, British Columbia, Canada
Detector(s) used
A Compass Magnum 420 recently brought back to life. And an untested "in the wild" Teknetics.

Looks like you had a far better day than I did.

About the earing, it looks like silver and gold in the one picture. I did a quick google for 925 silver and came up with this:

"925 sterling silver jewellery is actually a combination of 92.5% silver and usually 7.5% copper. Sometimes the craftsman replaces copper with another material, or even a combination of materials."
http://ezinearticles.com/?What-Exactly-is-925-Sterling-Silver?&id=81580

I actually went to the park today too. It was a nice cool 10 celsius (thats 50 F). But, when I got there they were trimming branches off the tree's and due to the wind they didn't want anyone there getting whacked in the head with a branch.

I did spot some branches suitable for whittling and after mentioning it to one of the crew, I came home with some black walnut, ash and willow. Thought I would make a cane or walking stick. The park here is kind of new and its been gone over hundreds of times, so I never expected to get much anyway.

Keep up the good work, so those of use deprived of the hunt can continue to hunt vicariously through you. :D

F.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks alot guys.

Functional, Thanks for the info. Go to some older larger parks in your area. Glad the finds are helping you get through these tough no hunting times.

Keep your head up. There are still good spots out there left to hunt. You just have to expand your hunting zones.

HH Jer

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds Jer! Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions