Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all:

Sat. I met up with Koleen (new spelling) and her friend Denise at a local school and we hunted for a bit. My most unexpected find was a '42 war nickel in the same hole with a clad dime. Also found a baseball pin and an odd metal guy holding a sheep. :icon_scratch: (one of my daughters thought he was holding a dinosuar.) Later Koleen and I tried a new foundation site but the weeds were pretty thick....neck high on me in places. :tongue3: Maybe next spring...
Today we all met out at the secret site and hunted in the heat for about two hours. This is the weather we wait for all winter, right? :blob8: It was a bit too warm at times! I found a '41 Merc and a '37 Washington quarter. I wish I had carried my camera with me as the quarter was lying nearly on the surface near the edge of a sown field. I was thinking it was clad for sure and was happy with the '37 date. :icon_thumleft: I also dug 5 wheats: '53D, '52D, '42, '41D, and '55D. The other girls didn't find anything of note. No vintage beer cans today! ::)

HH and thanks for looking,
Michiganne

Attachments

• treasure 2010 242.jpgcomp.jpg
    treasure 2010 242.jpgcomp.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 193
  • treasure 2010 244.jpgcomp.jpg
    treasure 2010 244.jpgcomp.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 198

postalgriff

Silver Member
Aug 7, 2008
Southern Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice work Anne!! that secret spot has been good to you :thumbsup: congrats on the silver and wheats, and the guy holding the baby dinosaur ;D

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt and finds Anne :thumbsup: congrats on the silvers and wheats!!!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the silver Anne! I like the metal toy too, kind of odd. Good hunts lately, those war nickels are fun to find, like digging a silver! ffd

Brentallica

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the Silver score and the Wheats Anne! WTG! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread