Warning

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duh me......... I was wearing a 2 pocket canvas nail apron out detecting . I had a Fiskars tool in my left front apron pocket where i was putting coins etc and trash into the right one . Duh me squatted down and the tool went thru the pocket of the apron into the crotch of my shorts :-[ :o I heard the sound , but thought it just was the apron but when I stood up realized it went further... Now with that said it could have been worse,it didn't get me ;D . Either I will have to get a hook to hang it on, or stick it in a back pocket , or put a string on the handle and drag it LOL .. Part that sucks the most is that I poked a nice hole in a new pair of shorts . I just thought I would pass a warning along in case some one has a tool like this and prevent a problem.. points on end, knife edge on one edge and saw notches on other edge make this tool a good one tho, but a little dangerous in the front pocket ...

Attachments

• fiskars.jpg
    fiskars.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 546
T

The.Boomer

Wear it to the side also invest in a cheap leather tool belt from Lowes or Home depot.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Another example of why I carry a spare set of pants with me.

I had a key ring that would seperate into to parts with the push of a button. I tied some string to my digger like you have and then to part of the key ring. Then I used a D-ring to attach that to my belt. Problem solved.

kierdan

Jun 26, 2006
Elkton, Maryland
mastereagle22 said:

uuummmmmm I dont think I want to know.....LOL just kidding. I can think of a bunch of reasons to carry spare pants, but I have to tell you my mind went straight to a poop joke. LOL

surfin

Dec 30, 2007
Grayling, MI
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
I made a 3" loop with 550 cord through the handle..........then I use a D ring.

Surfin

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hold it in your hand at all times Problem solved

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
kierdan said:
mastereagle22 said:

uuummmmmm I dont think I want to know.....LOL just kidding. I can think of a bunch of reasons to carry spare pants, but I have to tell you my mind went straight to a poop joke. LOL

No I posted it before but when I first started hunting again I was at a school in the evening, got a good signal bent down to dig and the seat of my pants ripped out! Lucky for me there wasn't anyone around and I was able to get back to my car fast enough that noone saw me but that was all I needed. Something like, "Daddy daddy there is a man at the school with a strange machine wearing pants I can see his but through!"

Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
lol master eagle. :laughing7: that must have been embarrassing...
mastereagle22 said:
kierdan said:
mastereagle22 said:

No I posted it before but when I first started hunting again I was at a school in the evening, got a good signal bent down to dig and the seat of my pants ripped out! Lucky for me there wasn't anyone around and I was able to get back to my car fast enough that noone saw me but that was all I needed. Something like, "Daddy daddy there is a man at the school with a strange machine wearing pants I can see his but through!"

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently got a Lesche which brings its own carrying case. But, in the past I have purchased one of them large, "carabiners" and would hook it to the tool and then through a belt loop. They don't cost much as you don't need one of the type used by pro. mt. climbers. Buy it at Wal-Mart or K-Mart. Gee, I thought this was a safe hobby ;D

kierdan

Jun 26, 2006
Elkton, Maryland
mastereagle22 said:
kierdan said:
mastereagle22 said:

LOL that could have been rough. Would hate to have seen you on a special episode of Dateline LOL.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Yeah no kidding! Now I ALWAYS carry a spare set of pants with me wherever I go hunting...... thank goodness I haven't had to use them yet but you never know.

kierdan

Jun 26, 2006
Elkton, Maryland
mastereagle22 said:
Yeah no kidding! Now I ALWAYS carry a spare set of pants with me wherever I go hunting...... thank goodness I haven't had to use them yet but you never know.

about two weeks ago I was following a creek bed. Its about maybe a four or five foot drop down into the mud/creek. I almost fell down the bank. My first thought was, I should carry extra pants/shoes..... I still havent put them in my truck.

OP
OP
longsocks

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
problem solved i bought one of them large carabiners and now it hangs safely :icon_sunny: thanks for all the idea's

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
I use a military belt that has a back pocket with a loop on it. It allows for the trowel to hang out back and I can bend down without getting stuck.

If it ever does jab me on my backside, it will make the hole already there just a little bigger!!!!!

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
I stuff my digger on the side of my knee pad between my leg and the straps. That's where it gets carried, And it never drops.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions