Warwick china "Mr Peanut"

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Warwick china "Mr Peanut"

I found this saucer (6-3/16" dia.)on the riverbank while headhunting. I have the maker info, dates, etc. The "Mr Peanut" is what I am most interested in. I Did some research on Mr Peanut and found out that he was created in a 1916 contest. He was upgraded at some point after that (1916-1918), with the addition of top hat, monocal, cane and spats.

This plate appears to show the old, upgraded version. I am guessing this plate was made around 1920. ???

I would like to know what kind of value this item holds. It is in excellent condition with a few small glazing pops.

Thank you! HH

Attachments

• mrpnut3.JPG
    mrpnut3.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 309
  • mrpnut2.JPG
    mrpnut2.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 359
  • mrpnut.JPG
    mrpnut.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 299
OP
OP
M

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Re: Warwick china "Mr Peanut"

Thanks for helping out a fellow Mainiac, mojjax!

The plate on ebay is pretty close, although the Mr Peanut on the ebay plate is even more refined than the one on my plate.

I am still going with my original guess of 1920. The makers mark should be a good indicator of age. So far, I have seen three different marks for this company. The mark on my plate is different than the ebay plate. I have a feeling mine may be older and rarer than the ebay example. I hope so anyway!

Thanks again! HH

Update; I just found several pieces online that have the same backmarks as mine and they say "1920's - 1930's"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread