WAS JOHN WILKES BOOTH A PAID ASSASSIN????

WAS JOHN WILKES BOOTH A PAID ASSASSIN?

• YES

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • NO

Votes: 20 45.5%

• Total voters
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Age would play a part as the actor Booth is in his 20's and St. Helen is much older in hs photo.........

sheen young.jpg sheen old.jpg

:dontknow:Baker

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
THE ELVIS EFFECT

Remember when they kept seeing the KING everywhere after he died? "I Saw ELVIS at MCdonalds...:laughing7:"
Well I couldn't help having those type of feelings about John Wilkes Booth before I knew what I know now. It seemed like he was "that kind" of famous, and people just didn't want to believe he was dead. I thought at first that it may have been from the lack of closer(NO BODY EXPOSED TO PUBLIC), but it was also due to the mishandled trials and hangings, and lack of testimony from the defendants that left the public wanting. So much so, that we are still driven to seek the truth in the matters. That speaks for it's self 150+ years later, and we still can't get over it.....:BangHead:
L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 871890 View attachment 871891

Just saying.............St. Helen aka David George aka....John Wilkes Booth...was on his death bed and was not a well man. He would have looked some what bewildered from the stress of being wanted for years, and would have tried his best to not look like J.W. Booth. And then there is the ageing factor. I chose actors for a more apples to apples comparison.....you know, birds of a feather, so to speak. They like to party and take part in the partaking of substances available to them.......and ....well just look at the pictures it effects the way that they age.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be nice to find that mummy and run some D.N.A. tests. At one point people were cutting ears and other pieces off of it for souvenirs. It would be nice to find one of the pieces they cut off! LOL:laughing7:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
It was in August of 1864 when General William T. Sherman's Atlanta Campaign first sparked what would become the plot to assassinate Abe Lincoln. What ever plans the K.G.C. had of kidnapping and trading the president for Confederate prisoners had long been cast aside. At any rate all lines of civil communication had been severed. It was the only thing the South (K.G.C.) could do to avoid what they saw as four more years of tyranny to come. Lincoln's death insured Andrew Johnson (K.G.C.) control of the presidency during the reconstruction. As I see it, Lincoln's death was a logical solution to the K.G.C.'s problems, not a last second rampage of a lunatic. Not a Rebel grasp at revenge...an eye for an eye???? THOUSANDS had died in the war. One man's death could not heal that wound, it was cut too deep.
Booth, although accepted by the Knights as a brother,was a bit of a loose cannon, and a trigger man that the k.G.C. took advantage of. He was not mentally capable of the complicated planning that it took to pull it off. Too many doors were left a jar for Mr. Booth to get through on his own. To think the Knights of the Golden Circle would not aid him in his escape would be ludicrous. Just my opinion.......
L.C. Baker:occasion14:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
who's who.jpg hung.jpg

Hear is a good side by side comparison of the inner sanctum and the working craft of the organization. It's not a pretty picture, but it brings you to the immediate realisation that these K.G.C. / Copperheads faced severe penalties. When people flee the country, it is usually for a good reason. Andrew Jackson was the NEW DEMOCRATIC president now, and a pardon was sure for another of his Brothers of Lasting Faith.
L.C. Baker:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
The relevance of my last post to the escape of John Wilkes Booth, is to expose the depth of resources that were made available to him. All he had to do was make it across that bridge to the first stop, which he did. History as it is written would have you believe that Booth and his accomplice, David E. Herold, were then led to the farm by William Storke "Willie" Jett, formerly a private in the 9th Virginia Cavalry, whom they had met before crossing the Rappahannock.
Surely the K.G.C. had instructed their assassin on where to go once he made it across the only bridge out of town that was heavily guarded because of a rumored possible assassination attempt....::BangHead:

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It would be nice to find that mummy and run some D.N.A. tests. At one point people were cutting ears and other pieces off of it for souvenirs. It would be nice to find one of the pieces they cut off! LOL:laughing7:

Blame it ALL on the dog; the dog ate it...

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

The dogs we speak of were my flesh and blood. I will still bring forth the truth, because we deserve it. Who Knows? If I find this gold that I am searching for, I might buy a small country and start where they left off!!
L.C. Baker:laughing7:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

The dogs we speak of were my flesh and blood. I will still bring forth the truth, because we deserve it. Who Knows? If I find this gold that I am searching for, I might buy a small country and start where they left off!!
L.C. Baker:laughing7:

Eh...? Gonna join the U.N. ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread