was or is Living in My Bathroom Ceiling.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tile was hanging down & the tail was Hanging out.
Not sure if I got it all but

Approximately 34" long without stretching it straight.

Thankfully No Rattles

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

CladiatorMax

Nov 1, 2012
Garden Grove, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Sovereign GT / Garrett Carrot / Stavr Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Glad you're still with us Jeff! Time to call a professional to get up in that attic.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you're still with us Jeff! Time to call a professional to get up in that attic.

No Attic there Just Ceiling & Roof

Appears to be Black Rat Snake Design To me & since The Tile is plaster as Old as the House (late 19th Century)
I have No idea on age

Un.jpg DSCF0004.JPG

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My younger sister and her husband used to live in an old farmhouse in Ky. A friend was over and went to the bathroom. When he came out, he laughed at the rubber snake they had placed on the floor just outside the bathroom door. Still laughing when he joined them, his laughter was cut short when their look of horror convinced him it wasn't rubber. I don't remember what kind it was now, but it wasn't poisonous.:icon_scratch:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Nephew says by the Markings I have about Half of it.
So it was/is a Very large snake. (Maybe 60")
I am guessing it would be hard to miss it ,
IF it found it's way onto the Floor.

worst case My Tetanus Shots are good for 5 Years yet.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate snakes! Really, Really hate snakes! Spiders too....I'd be blowing holes through walls and ceilings over every little noise if I found that in the house!:laughing7: Outside I can deal with it, They don't belong in the house! That's MY space!:laughing7:

Last edited:

oooldman

Feb 12, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, Whites coinmaster, Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Other
I would just leave him alone,,, on the bright side your attic wires will not be chewed bu squirrels and mice as long as he is up there.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya ,I'm half tempted to put a snake in my attic.(Mice.)
At least they are fairly quiet.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unfortunately,
I'll be looking where I walk, & paying attention to every little Noise for awhile Now :unhappysmiley:

at least till I forget.

I'm no fan of snakes, But ,
I don't think I'd be Overly paranoid & loose control of my Legs or Bladder :tongue3:
If I walked up on one

Last edited:

Anduril

Bronze Member
Aug 31, 2015
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Nephew says by the Markings I have about Half of it.
So it was/is a Very large snake. (Maybe 60")
I am guessing it would be hard to miss it ,
IF it found it's way onto the Floor.

worst case My Tetanus Shots are good for 5 Years yet.

Could be worse...
2016 Python Challenge? |

At least you don't have neighborhood pets disappearing..

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with Nitric on the spiders,yikes!,snakes really don't bother me much. At least it is a black snake up there jeff.I bet the missus don't care what kind of snake it is:laughing7:

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you wont have a rodent problem as long as your new pet is still around.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with Nitric on the spiders,yikes!,snakes really don't bother me much. At least it is a black snake up there jeff.I bet the missus don't care what kind of snake it is:laughing7:

I live alone.

well Maybe not alone :tongue3:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live alone.

well Maybe not alone :tongue3:

set a mouse in an aquarium in the middle of the floor! Then check on it from time to time to see if the snake is eyeballing it!:laughing7:

We had bird seed in the basement of our one house, I dumped some on the floor on accident, sucked it up with the shop vac, days later I hear noise when I'm in the basement. The mice ran up the inside of the shopvac hose, fell inside, then couldn't get out! :laughing7: They found the bird seed though!

Last edited:

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm terrified of snakes, can't stand them. I'm ok as long as I see them first and they don't surprise me. My company works on a lot of houses, old and new. You can find snake skins in the walls and attics of almost every old house and in a few new ones.

HH, Relic Nut

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
At 11 or 12 I was fixing the fence to the chicken yard, squatted down and felt a "sting", and then I saw a copperhead. Rolled backwards and RAN to the house waking up Mom and my stepfather. They took me to the emergency room and I was given some kinda shot and "observed" for a while - long ago memory, don't remember a lot but remember the event.

I was blessed as I had on a brand new pair of unwashed jeans back when jeans really had fabric on them. I was squatting, knees bent and jeans tight to my skin. So they were almost bullet proof. One fang apparently did not penetrate and the other fang just barely punctured the skin. My jeans had a big circle of wetness, apparently the venom, and when it dried it was a little bit crusty and stiff.

I don't fear snakes, but I do absolutely watch my step and surroundings, especially in the woods here. Lots and lots of snakes up this holler. Killed a rattlesnake 30 feet from my front door a few years ago - had to, they're territorial. Otherwise, I'm very hesitant to kill warm blooded critters - I'm not a hunter.

On the other hand, when I was a child here, every time we cousins would go outside Granny would say "Watch out for the spiders". I still watch out for the spiders, serious arachnophobia. Those childhood ironies....

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that is where fuzzy went , going dirt fishing with ya once and he runs out on me and rides home with you , he like tube socks and warm pillows and GoldRush shows and the X Files and weekly walks take of him .

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At 11 or 12 I was fixing the fence to the chicken yard, squatted down and felt a "sting", and then I saw a copperhead. Rolled backwards and RAN to the house waking up Mom and my stepfather. They took me to the emergency room and I was given some kinda shot and "observed" for a while - long ago memory, don't remember a lot but remember the event.

I was blessed as I had on a brand new pair of unwashed jeans back when jeans really had fabric on them. I was squatting, knees bent and jeans tight to my skin. So they were almost bullet proof. One fang apparently did not penetrate and the other fang just barely punctured the skin. My jeans had a big circle of wetness, apparently the venom, and when it dried it was a little bit crusty and stiff.

I don't fear snakes, but I do absolutely watch my step and surroundings, especially in the woods here. Lots and lots of snakes up this holler. Killed a rattlesnake 30 feet from my front door a few years ago - had to, they're territorial. Otherwise, I'm very hesitant to kill warm blooded critters - I'm not a hunter.

On the other hand, when I was a child here, every time we cousins would go outside Granny would say "Watch out for the spiders". I still watch out for the spiders, serious arachnophobia. Those childhood ironies....

Other then Killing a black snake with a spade shovel for the Neighbor once.

the only snakes I remember walking up on were a Gaggle of large fish worm size Ringneck Snakes
while detecting a ghost town foundation.

and a (maybe 2 foot) colorful snake in a Park, that startled me for a second or 2
after which I pesterd it with my coil for a few minutes & actually had to press down on the middle of it, to get it to strike my Coil. eventually I tired of it and went back to swinging.

when I see one along the road, or Crossing it, I get the Heebie Jeebies for some reason,
And if I decide to drive up along side one and check it out, I almost don't want to wind my window Down :tongue3:
not sure what it is.

Like I said earlier, I'm no fan, But other then the initial Squeamishness I'm ok.

I almost never think to watch where I walk when detecting, unless someone brings it up .
Then it is like don't jinx things by laughing them off :laughing7:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff, do you have poisonous snakes in NE PA?

Edit: I've always thought they didn't range far North.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, do you have poisonous snakes in NE PA?

Edit: I've always thought they didn't range far North.

only ones I'm aware of are Rattle Snakes & Copperheads
if there are others , I don't know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread