was skeptical of the angus

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
I was worried that I was loosing gold , I was finding black sands all the way down the sluice , no matter how I set it up , faster water slower water , more angle less angle no angle. The area I work is overwhelmed with heavies. So yesterday Iput a pan at the end of the sluice. And overfed it with scoops every 5 or so seconds.. ran. A whole packed 5 gallon bucket. What do you know I panned out the remains and only found 3 tiny tiny flakes. And a litle black sand what a relief. Since no sluice really gets all 100% of fine gold, i am very please with this.. now I know I can really shovel .. awesome. Thought I would share.

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same results we get with the drop riffle systems. The design allows the black sand to be displaced and upgraded with the next heaviest material. Gold displaces the black sand.

Hopefully you find a pocket and turn the riffle gold.

Dirk Pitt

Greenie
Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the backpacker and the recon and both work great! Also have the letrap as well, hard to clean out by yourself, but also works well.

Vance in AK

Feb 15, 2010
Kenai, Alaska
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB II. Whites GM II.
Mine is either the explorer or expitition, don't remember right off but I have been impressed the little I have used it.
Want to try the "Rocky Mountain" now I think.

phishisgroovin

May 24, 2012
Kent, Wa.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i want one but i am going to use a little spray on black something or the other so i can see show gold.

OP
OP
bigjoek

bigjoek

Feb 2, 2013
You ccan see it well on the grey . But it will get buried quick. with the sand . As it dances around you will see the flake show its face

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread