Was there a Liberty and Union stove maker?

enchantedhiker

Greenie
Jan 9, 2007
Midcoast Maine
I was out digging in the snow near a cellar hole from mid 1800-early 1900 era and found these two items near other parts of a woodstove.
The door (?) is very rusty, but interesting as it says "Liberty and Union" and the perimeter is decorated with stars. It is 13 1/2 wide by 10 1/2 long,looks like a latch on one side and the left side has a chunk missing and another part that could be a hinge. I searched the web,but don't see any company listed with that name.
Little piece is 3 1/2 wide by 3 long and the ends are quite pointed.
Thanks to anyone who can help solve my Unsolved Mystery!

Attachments

• IMG_0888 (2).JPG
    IMG_0888 (2).JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 261

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Enchanted Hiker, They probably just didn't list the company, I found a broken damper (for a stovepipe) yesterday, also stove leg, lots of scrap metal around a old cotton gin in western AR, happy hunting, fossis...................

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
There are both Liberty and Union cast iron stoves on eBay. Liberty has a 1876 date on it and the Union was listed as an old Caboose Heater. looks like alot of history at your site.

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
Hey there...
My grand mother owned a liberty & union stove.I remember it well when I was a kid going to her house for sunday dinner.So your ans is YEs there are liberty & Union stoves.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread