spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess if they can get to see the stampings and marking they may be able to trace it :dontknow:

Red James cash, that is understood, but he did have several :P

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats true spartacus but i bet teaches body was stripped clean of anything of value after he was killed. Not to mention that the navy personal barely made what you could call a decent paycheck back then ;D .If i were one of those british sailors and i lived through that battle i would be looking for loot.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Had you walked into Hitlers bunker with your company...would you have stripped it bare for souvenirs? Hitlers body lies before you.Would you have stripped it of his badges/pins, the gun he shot himself with?...damn right!
"The spoils of war" etc were and are always cleaned up.
Would you have left Hitlers gun on board if you were abandoning (without sinking and panic) your ship on a sandbar?

The sword's not his! :thumbsup:

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
I read something some time back, can't remember where, that Blackbeard wrecked Queen Annes Revenge deliberately in what could be considered an act of corporate downsizing. He and a select group of the crew transferred the goodies to another ship in his small fleet and sailed off abandoning most of the crew of the Revenge.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bubba707 said:
I read something some time back, can't remember where, that Blackbeard wrecked Queen Annes Revenge deliberately in what could be considered an act of corporate downsizing. He and a select group of the crew transferred the goodies to another ship in his small fleet and sailed off abandoning most of the crew of the Revenge.

The Coast of N.C.

BEAUFORT — More artifacts recovered during the fall expedition at the presumed wreck of Blackbeard’s flagship will go on display starting this weekend at a Beaufort museum.

The Maritime Museum in Beaufort will exhibit some of the artifacts from the site of the Queen Anne’s Revenge (QAR) shipwreck off the North Carolina coast starting today . The artifacts include a portion of an ornate bronze sword, called a quillon block, embellished with decorative scroll work, as well as two reale weights, coin weights used to verify the value of silver coins.

For more information, call 919-807-7389 or visit ncculture.com

Bubba707

Dec 28, 2010
N E Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
DFX, AT Pro, Vaquero, Cortes
Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
The Coast of N.C.

BEAUFORT — More artifacts recovered during the fall expedition at the presumed wreck of Blackbeard’s flagship will go on display starting this weekend at a Beaufort museum.

The Maritime Museum in Beaufort will exhibit some of the artifacts from the site of the Queen Anne’s Revenge (QAR) shipwreck off the North Carolina coast starting today . The artifacts include a portion of an ornate bronze sword, called a quillon block, embellished with decorative scroll work, as well as two reale weights, coin weights used to verify the value of silver coins.

For more information, call 919-807-7389 or visit ncculture.com
There are bound to be artifacts. What I recall reading was Blackbeard left most of the crew behind promising to make room and return for them but he never did nor did he intend to. They certainly would have held on to some trophies and bits of value that belonged to them as well as other personal possessions. This came at a time when he was planning to take advantage of an amnest and intended to retain as much wealth for himself as possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread