Was this smart or stupid of him?

Snee

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Salem, Missouri
My friend bought a Bounty Hunter Time Ranger. He has never metal detected before. Should he have started out with a simpler detector or is it better that he's starting off with one that has all the bells and whistles? I'm not actually sure if he's planning on using it too much though...I think he just bought it because I told him he wouldn't do it! :D

Upvote 0

carajou

Jan 9, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
If he's the kind of guy who could work out the instuments on an aircraft with ease, let alone a fancy metal detector, then he'll have no problem. On the other hand, if he's the kind who couldn't tell the difference between a metal detector and your average coffee maker, then you can claim the stupid factor.

But the very bottom line...he's got to pull the metal he's detecting from the ground. You need to be there with him to see if he's using it to tell the difference between coins and bottle caps. ;D

T

tallpaul

lets hope he cracks it,, ive heard them time rangers are a good machine,, he's just gotta get out with it, possibly make a few old coin finds and he'll be hooked,,

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the Land Ranger which is a very similar machine. It is fairly complicated but you have several touch and go programs. If the sticks to one of those he will be ok and can learn the rest of it as he goes. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread