"Wash Day On The Farm"

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
"Wash Day On The Farm"

This painting is more of what I like to do when painting. I like to put lots of of little things going on in the picture,such as the laundry hanging out on the cloths line and the old tire swing hanging from the tree.The drive going in with the mud holes are something we see on the old farms of the past. Thanks for taking a look.
Van

Attachments

• lastscan-Changed.jpg
    lastscan-Changed.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 314
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007
Re: "Wash Day On The Farm"

Carolina, Its probably available,just kidding of course. Thanks for your comments

Gypsyheart,pretty typical Iowa farm,a good quiet peacefull way to live. Thanks for your kind words

Copperhead, It has a nice home lol,but I appreciate your comments.

Van

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Love it Vangone! My grandma's house was in the county near Montrose Iowa and I spent so much time on a tireswing with my cousins. There was even a road that would get like that if it rained too much. Looking at your picture reminds me of a childhood I wish I could visit once in a while.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Van, I believe this is the best painting you've posted. I just sat and stared at it for a good while. It seems all of us have a relative or friend or neighbor who lived in a place just like that and I found myself going back many years finding some very pleasant memories.

GREAT PAINTING!

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

Sara77 said:
Love it Vangone! My grandma's house was in the county near Montrose Iowa and I spent so much time on a tireswing with my cousins. There was even a road that would get like that if it rained too much. Looking at your picture reminds me of a childhood I wish I could visit once in a while.
Sara, this farm is along Highway 30 west of Clinton Iowa. I have a picture of the farm I used in the painting,but don't know what I did with it.Thanks for your kind words.
Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

wesfrye53 said:
Van, I believe this is the best painting you've posted. I just sat and stared at it for a good while. It seems all of us have a relative or friend or neighbor who lived in a place just like that and I found myself going back many years finding some very pleasant memories.

GREAT PAINTING!
Thank you Wes for your nice comments. This painting was a fun one to do. Lots of them are not so fun. Some give me a hard time and I struggle with them,never finishing themI run hot and cold on this painting stuff.
Van

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Very nice. Reminds me of our New england charm. I have a photo of an old farm that I bet you would love to paint. I'll try to post it for you, I'd love to see you bring it to life!

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Very nice. Reminds me of our New england charm. I have a photo of an old farm that I bet you would love to paint. I'll try to post it for you, I'd love to see you bring it to life!
Please post the picture,I would like to see it. Thanks for your nice comments Country G

Van

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

justgeese said:
Van
Hope you detected that place LOL... Nice one bud
Don
Nope never detected it Don,but it would make a great place. Clinton Iowa down the road a piece was a great producer for me over the years,Hows the Geese,are they moving in to your area yet.
Ed

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

justgeese said:
No geese in yet Ed that I have seen..You're going to have to get some cold weather your way before they start to move
Don
Pretty warm up here also Don.I haven't talked to the guys that Duck hunt.One was over a while back with a picture of some young kids that they took on a youth hunt. They got one Canadian and one Mallard Drake. I donated some money for the hunt so they sent me a thank you,which I thought was nice.I offered them a print for next years Youth hunt to raffle off. Hope it goes well for them
Ed

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

OK I'll piece it to gether for you, my favorite is the barn shot with the old truck :).

Attachments

• farm truck.JPG
    farm truck.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 189
  • farm.JPG
    farm.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 185
OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

COUNTRY GIRL said:
OK I'll piece it to gether for you, my favorite is the barn shot with the old truck :).
Thanks for posting the pictures Country G. Neat looking place,looks a lot like Iowa. Im going to try and lighten the second picture and see what more detail looks like.
Van

frostytiger

Mar 16, 2007
SE Iowa
Detector(s) used
Prizm III

VanGone said:
Sara77 said:
Sara, this farm is along Highway 30 west of Clinton Iowa. I have a picture of the farm I used in the painting,but don't know what I did with it.Thanks for your kind words.
Van

Talk about coincidence, my family and I just came home from Wisconsin last night and stopped in Clinton for dinner and took 30 west to Cedar Rapids. (It was too dark to see anything other than the highway).

Frosty

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great painting, Van. We have a tire swing still hanging, the kids always have something to enjoy.

CG, I gotta laugh at that old dump truck...cause I have one (old Ford) sitting out next to the packing shed right now.

I love old barn paintings...just love old barns period.

;) RR

OP
OP
V

VanGone

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2007

frostytiger said:
VanGone said:
Sara77 said:
Van

Talk about coincidence, my family and I just came home from Wisconsin last night and stopped in Clinton for dinner and took 30 west to Cedar Rapids. (It was too dark to see anything other than the highway).

Frosty
You passed right by that old farm Frosty. Its on the left of the Highway as you are headed west after DeWitt, not sure exact location. If you bought that Prism 3 in Cedar Rapids you may have bought it from My Brother he is the Whites dealer in this area.
Van

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions