Washington County / Western PA

wymanwvp1

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2009
Brownsville/Centerville/Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Looking for some people to detect with. I usually go to mingo park in washington county, but I will go anywhere. I know it's late notice, but i'm going to mingo tommorow (sat. April 25th). There are alot of old foundations in the park. I haven't found any silver there yet, but I've found 3 large Cents, a few I.H's, and some relics. If anyone wants to meet up, respond or email me. I'll check before I leave tommorow morning.

Also if on another occasion anyone wants to go detecting, let me know!

OP
OP
W

wymanwvp1

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2009
Brownsville/Centerville/Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
wymanwvp1 said:
Looking for some people to detect with. I usually go to mingo park in washington county, but I will go anywhere. I know it's late notice, but i'm going to mingo tommorow (sat. April 25th). There are alot of old foundations in the park. I haven't found any silver there yet, but I've found 3 large Cents, a few I.H's, and some relics. If anyone wants to meet up, respond or email me. I'll check before I leave tommorow morning.

Also if on another occasion anyone wants to go detecting, let me know!

O.K. I'll be at the Historic Henry House in the park if anyone is interested, at least for a liitle bit.

manscamp

Jan 8, 2007
Pa.
Detector(s) used
spectrum xlt
would like to hook up with you someday on a hunt mingo is a couple miles from my home ibetween work and projects around the house i usually don`t get out much let me know if your interested and going

hotrod53

Dec 20, 2008
south of Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Jetco Coinmaster, Jetco Huntmaster, Whites 5000-D, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Cutlass II, Minelab 705 Gold, 6" Coiltek Digger coil, currently Minelab Etrac, RNB battery pack, and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I just got my permit for Washington County and headed out to Mingo, I haven't hunted it for quite a while. Didn't find anything since my detector freaked and I couldn't use it! I sent it back to Tesoro and it was diagnosed with a cracked search coil, waiting for it to be shipped back.

We hit the old springhouse and found nothing but junk, we found that one fertile hunting spot that I hit a few times was so overgrown that it was almost unhuntable. I know of a few old foundations in there and I also know where the old outdoor sauna was. My brother who was using his new detector from one of those "other guys" found some new stuff, I need to get mine fixed so I can properly represent.

I had found good silver in the past but the park is hit pretty hard.

Looking forward to getting the ol' detector back with its new and improved coil.

robmellott

Apr 16, 2007
weirton
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,ace 150
im in weirton not far at all anytime you want to go do some hunting let me know.

Jrlevers

Dec 29, 2011
Bentleyville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesodoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Bentleyville Pa and would love to be in contact with some people from this area to get some advice on where to hunt! Let me know!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions