washington park in indy

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a couple of times. It is a HUGE area to cover and if you do not know exactly where to go you will be digging clad and junk all day. Alot of fill dirt has been brought in through the years in different areas. I have a friend that hunts the parks in Indy. He is a wealth of info in regards to just about every park in Indy. I wil give him a holler and get some info for you about Washington Park on wher eto hunt and where to stay away from.

OP
OP
outlaw007

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for your help. also found out riverside park is old too!

OP
OP
outlaw007

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i also have a map of garfield park

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Definitely have to know where you hunt there because you will dig a ton of junk to go along with your clad. Good finds are there and with a little research and junior 967 friends help you could do great. You might also think about those smaller older, not quite on the radar Parks as well!! Get ahold of Indyfan who hunts there as well. Good Luck and hope to see some great finds!!

OP
OP
outlaw007

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have talked to indy fan we might meet up on saturday. i'm going to the 500 this weekend for the 24th straight year!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Send me a pm if you are interested in hunting.... I know all of the parks that you speak of...

junior967

Oct 11, 2005
Charlotte County, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am waiting on a reply from my friend. I know garfield park has been hunted by just about every detectorist in the central Indiana area. There are still some little hot spots here and there but the place is so big that you really have ot know where to hit. Alot of trash there. I was there about a month ago. Nothing great but some wheaties and alot of pop tops.

Riverside park has been hunted hard in the past, don't know much about it but will find out more info about it also if you want.

Hit me up some time if you want to meet up and hunt. I live in Putnam County and work in Hendricks County so I am pretty close. I work nights so I hunt alot during the week after work.

OP
OP
outlaw007

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for all your help!

OP
OP
outlaw007

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think i'm going to try garfield park, it will almost be like being in chicago!

Peeber

Mar 18, 2009
Indiana
Are you guys aware of the new park in Acton? It was a church camp from pre-1860 until around 1910 or sowhen it burned. During the CW it was leased as a military hospital. It was burned during the CW supposedly by Copperheads. I have not had an opportunity to MD it but have seen a few out there working at it and digging.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peeber said:
Are you guys aware of the new park in Acton? It was a church camp from pre-1860 until around 1910 or sowhen it burned. During the CW it was leased as a military hospital. It was burned during the CW supposedly by Copperheads. I have not had an opportunity to MD it but have seen a few out there working at it and digging.

Good luck.... I've spoken to a LOT of people who have gone out there and detected it, and so far have only heard of a single coin being a found. A newer indian head. Most of it is like detecting in dead silence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread