Washington token anybody know about this??

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gen. Sullivan Gen.Clinton The Sullivan Clinton campigen.
1/3 of the of the rev.army came through here and wiped out the indians food in 1779
While hunting at the Frost Farm one of the guys with Gen. Sullivan 1779 i found this Washington token.
Its the size of a quarter, Washington is facing the other way... no date thats the front.
on the back the is 3 letters intwined togeather C S and maybe J with 13 stars around the out side.
It has a hole in the top ( manmade) someone wore it around their neck

Attachments

• Picture 30.jpg
    Picture 30.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 223

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Started looking but haven't found it yet...

Maybe you should also post this in the "What is it" forum to get some more eyes on it ;D

Jul 26, 2010
Beverly Hills, CA & Boston, MA
Detector(s) used
I don't dig but I attribute and purchase hoards or single coins/relics
I would have to look it up as I have 2 books on the subject, one dedicated to Washingtonia and the other a general token and medals book.

I am more familiar with the copper halfpenny coins issued by the Colonists and also the English & Irish for export to the 13 Colonies

Keep on digging...I have bought some nice coins from Upstate New York over the years!

Dan

OP
OP
G.A.P.metal

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DanSmithCoinsUSA said:
I would have to look it up as I have 2 books on the subject, one dedicated to Washingtonia and the other a general token and medals book.

I am more familiar with the copper halfpenny coins issued by the Colonists and also the English & Irish for export to the 13 Colonies

Keep on digging...I have bought some nice coins from Upstate New York over the years!

Dan
[/quotethanks Dan
they say it is a store token for Washington 200th.birthday from around 1908 ...would you be interested in buying it ? please let me know thanks G.A.p.metal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread