Watch out for SNEAKY best offers!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have noticed lately that when I get an offer on one of my items some people will stick in there under terms and condition free shipping. I'll except the offer and then go back and look at it and see afterwards if I don't catch it that they put in free shipping! Which can be a deal breaker like the one I have now. I had an offer on something of $72 and I counted them $35 higher. He came back and offered 75 and then I noticed under the terms in smallest writing ever free shipping!! Sneaky sneaky!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I've had that happen a couple of times and no question it's a tactic because it's easy enough to do the math. What a seller could do is write somewhere in the text of their auction no free shipping on offers, and than when they try to say.... didn't you read my note, you say didn't you read my listing before you made the offer. Of course taking your time when you accept an offer is pretty easy to do.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I was of the understanding that the buyer making a best offer cannot change the terms on shipping.

So, if you have a $49 item with $10 shipping, the buyer cannot negotiate the terms of the shipping at all. They can negotiate the price, but not the shipping.

True?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Sellers can be sneaky too.

I made a best offer on a piece of junk. After I made the best offer, somehow, the seller changed the shipping cost from $7 to $9.99, and then accepted my offer. I emailed him about the higher shipping, and he changed it back to $7.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sellers can be sneaky too.

I made a best offer on a piece of junk. After I made the best offer, somehow, the seller changed the shipping cost from $7 to $9.99, and then accepted my offer. I emailed him about the higher shipping, and he changed it back to $7.

Wow. That's not cool! But to the other question, they cannot Change the shipping unless they ask for it to be free then if I except the free shipping on their terms I have to change it when I send the invoice for the shipping to be free

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions