Watch out tomorrow...

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well I dont know about you but I have planted plenty of paper rolls at different banks marked bens, walkers, 64's Silver etc.

That way when an unsuspecting fellow CRH finds them there heart will race with excitement...only to have there dreams smashed when the open it up and find a little note in there that says "sucker" and a bunch of clad

fatsmahoney

May 3, 2007
great lakes
Detector(s) used
whites XLT-E- series
Jewelerdave thats my trick ive been doing that for about 2 months now lol i just laugh every time i dump

I brought $700.00 in to a bank and they guy seen them and hesitated for a moment and asked me if i was a collector and i said laughingly no these were my grandfathers coins and he passed away awhile ago and my mother wanted me to cash them in the rolls said franklin walking liberty and others had various years written on them like 1955 silver and so on i wanted to wait outside the bank and watch that teller go through all those clad coins with a look of disgust on his face lol so if you get a roll like that just throw it in the reject bag cause you got Mahoneyed

OP
OP
I

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly, legit finds better have pix. Look out for those April showers too! :toothy2:

photogame

Dec 1, 2007
northeast coast, usa
Immy said:
Exactly, legit finds better have pix. Look out for those April showers too! :toothy2:

ok, so with a name like mine you can expect the rerolled multi century half dollars to come out of hiding, might even have to dust off that bust half dollar and see how it looks amongst the some clad kennedy end caps. actually at this point i am happy with a half dozen or so 40%'ers, or should i say happy the head tellers haven't got fed up with my orders and said no way and get out......... lol

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
:hello: Immy, There goes my master plan of returning with a shocking find of 17 rolls of Franklin halves. :wink:

OP
OP
I

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, nice to see you posting again PW. Are you still in the hunt for squished pennies?

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
Oh yes, always on the look out for squished pennies. :icon_biggrin: I haven't crh'ed since I left and I'm starting to miss it. I think I might start back up later this month and work on my wheaties and dimes. I don't think I'll be able to pick up the boxes of halves for a while. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread