Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Double-entendre in that title

Split hunt with most of the time at the Baltimore County site. Best finds there were a pewter spoon bowl partial with interesting detail on back of spoon near the handle and the remains of a plowed pocket watch. The watch is an Ingersoll "Yankee" model and was made 1894-1895 according to its serial number; the serial number database is here https://pocketwatchdatabase.com/search/result/ingersoll-watch-co/674001

Went to the other side of the road to see if I could find the graveyard per old maps. Walking by a copse of trees I spied a few gravestones. You'd never know they were there. Here's a link to my investigation:

Left the county and drove to the city in search of some more relics and had three interesting finds there: a flat button, a round piece of pewter that appears to have a design, and a modern skeleton key.

Not a bad day of detecting on one of the better detecting days to be had this week.
Finds.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7
That's quite the ornate key, McCDig.........it's a real eye catcher!!

Thx Chizzy! That key is modern. It was very shallow. Someone out there knows what it unlocks.

Chizzy, that key is a bottle opener. I see that these are sometimes given out as a wedding favor. There was a recent wedding at the mansion, so these may have been given out as such to the guests.

Been by and around the same graveyard many, many times. This was the first I've ever seen it!
Interesting! That whole park can be very, very tough hunting. But, it is soooo big! Never get all from
that one!

Thanks for the tour!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back