watcha gonna do with all that junk all that junk inside that trunk............

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I was going through some stuff from a site I'm working and my 9 year old asked me what im gonna do with all my stuff when i die . I actually don't know what to do with all my stuff I have 6 kids to leave it all with but I don't want to see them seperate stuff and sell stuff.....Maybe I'll just be buried with it all...

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got these in the treasure classifieds on the site here. Enjoy

Attachments

• 100_2144.JPG
    100_2144.JPG
    626.1 KB · Views: 91

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have been trying to sell those there for months. A little advertising huh... I think you said you bought all that at an artifact show?

OK?

Last edited:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve Valentine is the only person that I can think of that has a name that will be recognizable to buyers, after the reaper comes to collect him. (any one catch a pun) unless a collector is reputable, as Steve is, many people are scared to buy from a deceased persons collection. If I were to pass away, the tag saying "from the Rusty W. collection" on my artifacts would be a joke. Although my stuff is just as real as Steve's , his name will creat high prices.

You would be surprised by the number of large personal collections that are highly recognizable. Thing is most people with collections of great size do not advertise on the internet.My point is that the collector is the most qualified to sell their collection should they decide to do so.Most collectors are known at the artifact shows and other collectors are aware of the collection and what they have. The question is can they afford it.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are so correct.... also people with a deep knowledge of the local Native history and the available lithics can tell if a collection has continuity.. and is authentic.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_1422.JPG True. The collecting community is pretty smart. We have seen some fine examples posted here that people with knowledge acquire . I am glad they share. Most people start local and the passion hits for more or like examples and the collection grows. The old guys and I mean the ones in their 90's that hunted and collected had free rein and dug some amazing things. Look at Perino and Lecroy and even Overstreet. Many others also. Look at the rare artifact find on banner right now. I am sure Neanderthal came name many from his area. With good documentation and reputability pieces from a collection can be admired for generations and passed around to many collectors and they never get any cheaper. Get something published and the value soars. I did a post on here once about some Mayan sacrificial stone knifes that were in Time Life. I held the pieces and read the articles. Old post here somewhere. Anyhow they were photographed embedded in a skull and then interred . Used once is my guess. Oh well that is ancient cultures for ya.Here are those old pictures btw

100_1423.JPG

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find those and what are they called TN? Those are really large, I have never seen any like that.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you find those and what are they called TN? Those are really large, I have never seen any like that.

No I did not find or do I own those. I am sure they were ceremonial for sacrifices .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread