Watched New TV Show

jonmich

Greenie
Feb 20, 2009
Gregory,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
That show really peaked my interest in meteorite hunting. It might be time to buy that book I have seen suggested on this forum "Rocks from space".

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Meteorite Men" on the Discovery Channell. It's a new series. Tonight's first episode was a rerun of a one-off from last year. They're supposedly be having new stuff each week now.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

I am certain many folks will be hunting for space rocks now that the secret is out. Those guys are rich!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: Yep, when they find out just how much digging is involved and how many "empty" holes they'll be finding; they'll leave the scene like their hair was on fire (and their asses were catching). :sign10: :evil6: :evil6: :evil6:

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i watched it too. got to say they made it look easy. i wish i knew how many hours of research were done to produce those finds. i just don't believe they could get that lucky

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If It was easy everyone would be doing it and making money, and this is not the case..interesting thou

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
i watched it too. got to say they made it look easy. i wish i knew how many hours of research were done to produce those finds. i just don't believe they could get that lucky

I'm sure they do it like those fishing shows. Hours and hours of looking and useless digging would be editted out.

I'd sure like to see the specifications on their humongous metal detector; the type of wire the coil is wound with, it's length, the electronics involved, etc.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Shortstack said:
silvercop said:

I'm sure they do it like those fishing shows. Hours and hours of looking and useless digging would be editted out.

I'd sure like to see the specifications on their humongous metal detector; the type of wire the coil is wound with, it's length, the electronics involved, etc.

I'd like to have a smaller version for the beach that I could drag by hand and find the Queen's Dowry Chest....

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cappy, they have one that's 1 meter on a side that they use for pinpointing. They walk around while holding the coil by rope handles. That's the one I was talking about. That's also the one you could use on the beach for your Queen-search. ;D The huge one that's pulled behind their truck is not something I'd be interested in duplicating.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Shortstack said:
Cappy, they have one that's 1 meter on a side that they use for pinpointing. They walk around while holding the coil by rope handles. That's the one I was talking about. That's also the one you could use on the beach for your Queen-search. ;D The huge one that's pulled behind their truck is not something I'd be interested in duplicating.

cha-ching!!!

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the one they were pulling behind their truck was coming apart and needed repairing, driver was going too fast and pvc pipe broke and needed jerry rigging. sorry to all the jerrys, dont mean to insult.

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
"Meteorite Men" on the Discovery Channell. It's a new series. Tonight's first episode was a rerun of a one-off from last year. They're supposedly be having new stuff each week now.

Meteorite Men is on the Science Channel.

OP
OP
C

Cappy Z.

Nobody is an expert when it comes to outer space rocks. However I wish all my TN friends the best of luck when they go hunting for these celestial bodies. I wish I lived near real ground that might prove at least a probability of finding an iron-nickel space traveler. I live here in Atlantis, a fancy name for a giant sand dune pocked with gator infested swamps. Don't get me started on the government.... archaeologists...sheesh..they wouldn't, couldn't make pimple on a real archaeologists arse...

Bartender...where the &*% is my shot and a beer?

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sure hope my gti2500 is ok for hunting meteorites, going to try a couple of outings
in arizona this spring, done research on settings for my machine hope they work :read2:

74BRONC

Oct 24, 2006
outdoors said:
sure hope my gti2500 is ok for hunting meteorites, going to try a couple of outings
in arizona this spring, done research on settings for my machine hope they work :read2:

What settings are you running? I also have a GTI2500 however I am not very experienced with it yet and would like some tips for the settings to look for meteorites someday.

goldgrubber

Jan 26, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites 5900, Minelab Excalibur
Good show. Those are the same two guys that was on Treasure Hunter with Kirstin Gum,yes?
I wonder what ever became of her show, anybody know?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whatcha want to bet that this show will "sell" a lot of F75's for Fisher. After all, it's the DETECTOR, not the research that's finding those rocks. :laughing9: :tongue3: :laughing9:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I'd go looking here in Ks, but the area one landed has been leased by that guy you see on tv that was on Cash
and Treasures

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread