Hunter101

Feb 24, 2016
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/Garrett Ace 350/Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watched show detectorists on bbc and wife said yup that's about right

Lance: Why do you want to give up metal detecting?

Andy: I don't, but, you know.

Lance: No, I don't know.

Andy: Becky can't even begin to comprehend this.

Lance: Well, why do you want her to?

Andy: Because it's important to me. I want her to understand it.

Lance: Well, she does understand that it's important to you. That's enough, isn't it? You don't need her to get into it. It's a hobby, that's all. Men have hobbies and women don't understand them, that's the way it's always been. I mean, how many female train spotters are there? How many women commit to an afternoon reorganising their vinyl in alphabetical order? You don't want to spend an evening with a beautiful woman just comparing comic book collections, do you? What you want is your partner to shake her head, roll her eyes and look at you and say "You and your hobbies! I'll never understand men."
I had a friend once. He had a cactus. Same cactus sitting on his windowsill for 15 years. And then one day, someone gave him a second cactus And within six months he had to move to a bigger house with enough space for his cactus collection.
Now, a woman, she could have two, three cacti, and she'd say, "Yes, that's probably enough cacti for me."
My mate Paul, he collected collections. Wrote a memoir - Recollections of a Collection Collector. As far as I know, it's still unpublished.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES! THAT is EXACTLY the way it is....! Real folk, having to deal with Life's Issues, and sharing them with their friends...!
Detectorists, in general, are my friends, and thus, the SHOW of The Detectorists strike at my heart strings just so - and I don't worry about if they
talk a little funny..., don't we all?! :laughing7:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a great show. Bought the 2nd season on DVD.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread