Water Detecting Class Ring Found

crunch707

Aug 10, 2008
Hey everyone,
went out this morning to a beach in holly, water was ice nice and cool..almost time for the wetsuit , ended up with a pocket full of change and a very nice class ring, that i will try to get back to the owner. It should be pretty easy finding him, i just wrote a letter to the grand blanc newspaper letting them know i found it metal detecting, and would like to return it to it's owner, and always want our hobby to have a great name. hopefully i will have a picture to show of returning it to it's owner.
Have a great week !!!
Dave

Attachments

• MVC-358F.JPG
    MVC-358F.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 503
  • MVC-359F.JPG
    MVC-359F.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 505
  • MVC-363F.JPG
    MVC-363F.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 522
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Thats awesome! Jonstons supplied our class rings for my high school graduation this year but I never got one. Too expensive. I am sure the person will be happy to get it! :) :thumbsup:

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crunch707 said:
Hey everyone,
went out this morning to a beach in holly, water was ice nice and cool..almost time for the wetsuit , ended up with a pocket full of change and a very nice class ring, that i will try to get back to the owner. It should be pretty easy finding him, i just wrote a letter to the grand blanc newspaper letting them know i found it metal detecting, and would like to return it to it's owner, and always want our hobby to have a great name. hopefully i will have a picture to show of returning it to it's owner.
Have a great week !!!
Dave

Nice looking ring! Check this site out, also you can contact the Alumni association from that school for the year the person attended, that may help find the owner.

http://www.classringfinder.com/

Steve

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About time that gave out class rings for detecting! Way to go!
CurbdiggerCarl

Paul4x4

Dec 31, 2007
Finland
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/Pro-Pointer/Ace 250
Great ring!:thumbsup: I'm always amazed by the looks of US class rings :o Class rings we have here in Finland are always just some regular crap, nothing fancy about them, no school names, no stones, no nothing, just plain regular silver rings... :-\ Well, I'm happy with any ring I find, but it would be awesome to find something like that someday...

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
Good ol' Grand Blanc, my wife graduated from there and my son was in that school system til the second grade. Just call the school library, they have all the year books there and you can have them look up the name.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread