water detector

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stick to the name brands.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a Fisher product, I have never used that model, I do have the 1235X that I use for competition hunts and I like it. I have read that the 1280X is good in fresh water lakes,streams, and wet salt sand, but that it is very noisy once it is in the surf.

Maybe some members here who own one will respond.....

SvenS

Oct 13, 2008
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Makro products, as well as others. Self built Mirage PI's. The Mirage is excellent in trashy sites, unlike many PI's.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1280x is an excellent freshwater detector equal to the performance of the Detectorpro Wader but not as sensitive to small gold and silver like the Tesoro Tigershark. I liked the 1280x I once owned.
There are 1280x's on ebay, watch out for the early units they have red headsets and the searchcoil rod connection is dead center of the coil. Those units could be a late 1980's unit. Don't spend $400-500 on these units. For that price look for the newer units.

OP
OP
reed88

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Thanks Everyone !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread