Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Landlord Jim

Jul 20, 2012
Oakland County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
V3i,Vx3,DFX,MXT Pro,Prizm 5G, CM Pro,Beach Hunter 300 and Bounty Hunter 202.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I enjoy My White's Beach Hunter 300. It is stable and I dig the Yellow and green lights. USE the arm strap and you will not have any coil float issues. It is used all the time in freshwater and sometimes in saltwater. I use a Sunspot stealth scoop 10" and Love It.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab Excal. Fresh water has lots of iron that takes decades to rust away, you want be digging fish hooks, hairpins, nails or other tiny pieces of iron...

LibbyC

Greenie
Aug 18, 2012
Atlanta,Ga
Detector(s) used
sand shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a sand shark and like it, but I am new and still learning how to use it. I found a ring for someone at the beach.

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Sand Shark and a Garrett AT Pro. The Sand Shark will drive you nuts in fresh water if there's a lot of nails and bobbie pins. I scooped around 80 of them one day. It is easy to use in the water but the velcro arm strap is held on the arm rest with sticky backed tape and it has came off many times. I finally wrapped it with some tape to see if it holds. It will find really small objects pretty deep and is very stable in fresh water. You can turn it loose in the water and it sinks slowly. It's easy to move back and forth in the water too. The AT Pro is amazing in the water. If you turn it loose in the water it floats enough that the arm rest is about three inches out of the water. I had a problem with the pinpoint button sticking when you push it down but it stopped doing that for some reason. Might have been sand getting under the button. One thing about the AT Pro is that it's guaranteed water proof up to 10 feet and it came with head phones that were not water proof. That would have been another $85 I think. Best of luck to you.

DANGLANGLEY

Barrell

Jul 27, 2012
Fort Pierce,FL
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have the Whites PI dUAL. It loves the salt water. Havent used it in fresh but areas of high trash may wear you out. The coil is a workout in strong undertow but it works well when targets are present.

OP
OP
gold4us

gold4us

Aug 6, 2012
Kingsland, TX
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
Excalibur 800
Minelab SD2200
Minelab E-Trac
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys.
I have the AT-Gold and I run it in all metal and dig just about everything. I also have an E-Trac and I run it open with just a few lines of iron masked out. I dig lots of nails, wire and pins. I dont mind digging. I hunt with my ears and its all about sound to me. I am starting to think I may get a used Minelab Soverign GT and water proof it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions