Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Dredge, M-7 wave table, Prospector Highbanker MD20
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry forgot, that would be fora 6.5 briggs with Keene p180 pump, yes has garden hose outlet on side of pump. I looked into a tankless LP that could be mounted on dredge but they have problems in wind and are not reliable.
an exhaust heated one is what I'm after. Armadillo Mining in Oregon has one but pricey at $400. I'm pretty handy and could fab my own with plans.

panningjack

Apr 16, 2013
Nampa, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3
I just made one this spring and it works great. It's a slightly different design than the ones you normally see explained. Been meaning to start a thread on it so others can build one as well. It cost me less than $50. I'll start working on putting the instructions together for you later when I get to the computer.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
upper right corner of this page - "enter search phrase" - type in "wetsuit heater". Scroll down 3/4 page, Apr 04, 2008 - chose that and scroll down to Hoser John's post. It sounds like what you're looking for.

OP
OP
S

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just made one this spring and it works great. It's a slightly different design than the ones you normally see explained. Been meaning to start a thread on it so others can build one as well. It cost me less than $50. I'll start working on putting the instructions together for you later when I get to the computer.

That would be awesome thanks.

OP
OP
S

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
upper right corner of this page - "enter search phrase" - type in "wetsuit heater". Scroll down 3/4 page, Apr 04, 2008 - chose that and scroll down to Hoser John's post. It sounds like what you're looking for.

I checked that out liked his idea, thank you.

OP
OP
S

Sticks

May 22, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
J.O.G Trommel
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Any further info on the propane on demand heaters? I don't have an issue with packing a tank is not that far. I have heard that they turn off though after 15 min, then as the day goes on they only run about 5 min at a time. Can any one advise please. Thanks.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SAY WHAT???? They run as long as pump pumps THEN you better pull that hose outta your wetsuit as less flow means more heat and you will weld your arse shut. Same same starting up as takes a few minutes to warm up,always use a holding tank so you'll never burn yourself as they give you more than ample time to notice heat increases. With new closed cell tech on wetsuits I haven't had to use one since 2006. Gotta wear more weights but ok as still snug as a bug even in the SF American-John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions