water hunt newbie question

Mantis212

Aug 19, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter "Lone Star"
I have a basic Bounty Hunter: Lone star metal detector....I had an idea to hunt the local river hang out this summer since water levels are at record lows...the water level is roughly 1-2' deep at the local swimming hole...my metal detector is not a water detector but i have heard mixed signals with the capability of being used in water (like it can be done as long as the box doesnt get wet, etc). MFG says coil is waterproof...do you think it would be ok to go swing in there without a severe chance of damage to my detector?

Upvote 0
It will be fine.....dont get the box wet....Show us what you find :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

wrap a plastic bag around the box and make sure its tight, just in case you drop it!!! plastic bag could provide a few seconds of being more or less waterproof

I agree. Wrap her up just in case. Very easy to get wet by accident. Other than that GO GET 'EM !!!!!!!

just stay in the shallow water and cover your speaker holes with tape or wrap the box with a plastic bag you should be fine, also dont raise the coil higher then your box as you dont want water running down the inside tube to your box..........

Good luck! Oh, and always wear a condom. :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone, i will post my finds when i go. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back