Water Hunting Partner Wanted

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There used to be a column on the Forum for TH'ing Partners, can't find it. Anyway, any water hunters in the Clermont area. My normal partner only has Sundays off and haven't hunted with her in weeks. I have an 18 foot boat for long trips and a 14 foot boat for short trips each have a motor. Was a lovely Sunday but I hate hunting by myself and I'm very safety conscious. When I was younger, I'd hunt by myself but I'm approaching 60 fast. I use an Excalibur primarily with a Garrett AT3 as a backup. I know of numerous water sites all over Florida. My days off are Saturday/Sunday.

Attachments

• Lund boat.JPG
    Lund boat.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 572
Upvote 0

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know I work for myself and am N. of Orlando... :thumbsup:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, wish you lived up here in the Chesapeake Bay, Lots of old Beach's, and the only way you can detect them is to have a boat. A great detecting accessory.......Joe

OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Those Garrett AT3's are hard to find, aren't they? Found mine on eBay after a 6 month search. Also got a Minelab XT18000 the same way. No, RRH, I'm not interested in selling it as its my backup water machine and you don't find good water machines for $150.00 very often. Thanks for asking. :thumbsup:

RustyRelicHunter

Oct 5, 2004
SC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
It never hurts to ask! I used my AT3 on the beaches of SC for over 10 years before the coil wire finally broke; the only drawback to the AT3 was the hardwire connection to the control housing. I was using it in a chestmount rig and I think that put too much stress on the wire. I have been looking for another AT3 for several months.

Thanks!

Rusty

OP
OP
FLauthor

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Keep checking eBay, that is where I found mine. Had a loose clip in the back and a little solder and the machine works like new. Luck to you. :icon_thumright:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I lived in FL I am always looking for someone to detect with. Love to have a boal to get to the old swimming holes. Good luck....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread